bug with comment editing in all mB compilers

Beta Testing discussion on mikroBasic PRO for PIC32.
Author

bug with comment editing in all mB compilers

#1 Post by Megahurts » 18 Oct 2013 11:43

Hi guys,

I guess this is as good a place as any to post a multi-compiler bug report. it does not seem to being used too much.

Bug: or observation
In any BASIC compiler, while editing the length of some comment lines I kept having this happen to me.
example code:

Code: Select all

' test line one |
' Test characters for line two.
If I wanted to bring line two up to the end of line one by using cursor keys to place cursor at end of line one + one space position,
then pressed the Delete key, I get this result every time, not dependent on text:

Code: Select all

' test line one'| Test characters for line two.
The cursor does not move, but the single quote comment designator always ends up one place to the left of the cursor instead of
just to the right of the cursor.

Not a fatal or critical issue, just irritating when dealing with it every 2 or 3 lines of compacting comments for better reading.
Robert.
HW: easyPIC5|PICFlash2|easyBT|smartGSM|easyGSM|PICPLC16|mmWorkStation|FT800 Eve|PIC Clicker/2|
MMBs:PIC18F,PIC33EP,PIC32|CLICKs:DAC,ADC,GPS L10,Thermo,8x8B LED,Stepper,W/B OLED,9DOF,GPS3,tRF,Hall I|

SW: mP for PIC|mB for PIC-dsPIC-PIC32|Visual-TFT|

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: bug with comment editing in all mB compilers

#2 Post by filip » 21 Oct 2013 15:07

Hi,

I have tried exactly what you did with the same code, but got the correct behavior - put the caret at the end of the first line (one space after the | sign),
pressed Del button and got this :
' test line one |' Test characters for line two.
Am I missing something ?

Regards,
Filip.

Return to “mikroBasic PRO for PIC32 Beta Testing”