Annoying lag with writing code in IDE

General discussion on mikroBasic PRO for PIC32.
Author

Annoying lag with writing code in IDE

#1 Post by iQd » 14 Mar 2020 23:56

Hi,

I purchased the MikroBasic Pro PIC32 compiler recently and it has been working fine.
I have three installations on three machines that I do work with, and switch the license dongle to each when I work.

During working with the IDE, I have started to get more and more annoyed with an issue that is present on all three machines.

When writing code, the IDE does something after every key press and there is a notable lag of a few tens of milliseconds.
Even just moving the cursor with the arrow keys after writing a single character will cause the lag that also halts the cursor.

This is very frustrating as the cursor does not move with the key presses and it is easy to move so that it ends up in the wrong location most often.
Editing some value on multiple lines is a really painful task.
It would be easier to copy the text first to Notepad, edit and then copy it back.
Saves time and effort, however it cannot be like this, right?

My computers are recent i7 and i9 based machines with fast M.2 SSD drives and lot of RAM - this cannot be because of a slow computer. I7 machine has Windows 7 and i9 machines have Windows 10.

Can you tell me what the IDE does after every key press and how could I remove this problem so I can write and move in the code fluently like one would expect, and for example like in any other basic text editor?

Thank you!

iQd

Re: Annoying lag with writing code in IDE

#2 Post by iQd » 25 Mar 2020 01:39

Has anybody experienced this kind of issue or is it just me...?

jovana.medakovic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Annoying lag with writing code in IDE

#3 Post by jovana.medakovic » 25 Mar 2020 14:10

Hello,

I apologize for the inconvenience.
I will forward this to our developer team.

Kind regards,
Jovana

Return to “mikroBasic PRO for PIC32 General”