common ! where is the new PIC32 compilers release ?

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroC PRO for PIC32.
Author

#1 Post by josef2600 » 08 Nov 2014 02:36

in first few years you where excellent ! and fast. with all do respect, now i am pissed off ! just want to share one of them in here :
http://www.mikroe.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 88#p226964
We are already working on support for PIC32MZ family, but unfortunately,
at this moment I can't give you any promise regarding time.
Posted: 26 Nov 2013
At this moment support for PIC32MZ family will be added in next PIC32 compiler release
Posted: 10 Feb 2014
PIC32 compiler release is on top of our priorities.
The new release will be as soon as possible and like I already mentioned support for PIC32MZ family will be added.
Posted: 20 Mar 2014
It has now been 13 months since the release. Any updates?
Posted: 24 Apr 2014
I am afraid that I do not have any news yet, except that we are working on it.
Thank you for your patience.
Posted: 24 Apr 2014
How about now? Any update on when the PIC32 C compiler will be updated? We are now at a 16 month release.
Posted: 30 Jul 2014
At this moment our software developers are working on new PIC32 compilers release.
Thank you for your understanding and your patience.
Posted: 29 Aug 2014
-------------------
and now it is 7th November, and nothing happened !
all above was from one post. have you got that low ? microchip changes everything each 3 month, and you haven't change a thing over 20! we have to work and we have expectations. and in my opinion, you do not care.
what do you think ? :!:

ya,
best regards, Josef.

anikolic
mikroElektronika team

Re: common ! where is the new PIC32 compilers release ?

#2 Post by anikolic » 10 Nov 2014 13:00

Hello Josef,

I completely agree with you. It doesn't sound good, especially if hurts your business, and ultimately hurts us the most. I'm deeply sorry.

Growing fast is painful
Running a business is painful when you're growing at the speed we are, and people here are really stretched to their maximum.
We are angry with ourselves when at 21:00, still in the office, we feel that we need the day to last 48 hours if we want everything to be done :)
This will all settle soon as we have a good strategy for sustainable growth. Two new guys are in Software department for trial work since last month
and we're really satisfied with their efforts so far. More and more people who are able to fit into this work environment will come.
But that takes time, as we are quite demanding.

Exciting future awaits!
As things change very quickly, our planing and best intentions are sometimes taken in directions we just cant influence.
The only thing to do is to work your ass off and try to get every single thing done every day. That's exactly the case in the moment.
What you will see in the future is not only compiler being updated regularly, but innovations that will help your productivity.

Best ever relationship with Microchip
I can often hear people complaining how we push ARM and forgot about PIC... Truth is exactly the opposite. We have the best relationship with Microchip in the past 12 years and this partnership goes well beyond just friendly "pat on the back". We're talking long-term strategic cooperation, including topics like supporting new microcontrollers, partnering with university program to developing tools and debuggers. You will see this for yourself with new compiler and product releases.

What I can promise is one PIC32 release by the end of this year.

Josef I'm very grateful for your post and I thank you for helping us to being better than we are. We listen to you closely and will do everything we can to make changes quickly.

Best regards,
Aleksandar
Web Department Manager

josef2600

#3 Post by josef2600 » 11 Nov 2014 04:56

hello,

thanks for your listening and answering.
I can often hear people complaining how we push ARM and forgot about PIC... Truth is exactly the opposite.
i really got happy with that one ! as i am sour you know we don't like each other very much !
i just finished a work with pic12f675 for designing a smoke detector. it took a year to finish it. before that i had a project for web design with pic32mx460. every time i tried to put everything together, i was getting fault. and i hat failing. i had another project for smps with 30f2020. i couldn't finish that too. my friend always sending me samples from microchip and say " hey they have it, why you cant do it ? just use their code." and he dose not understand their code wont work in my compiler. the use c++ and assembly in high level and i cant. now i have a monitoring project for smps, or better i say, Induction furnace monitoring. with pic32mx460. i hope it works.
and the reason me and alot, like your compiler, the tools you provide us. microchip is really bad with this ! and that is very important. thank you. ill be in touch.

best regards,Josef.

p.erasmus

#4 Post by p.erasmus » 15 Nov 2014 18:55

Best ever relationship with Microchip
I can often hear people complaining how we push ARM and forgot about PIC... Truth is exactly the opposite. We have the best relationship with Microchip in the past 12 years and this partnership goes well beyond just friendly "pat on the back". We're talking long-term strategic cooperation, including topics like supporting new microcontrollers, partnering with university program to developing tools and debuggers. You will see this for yourself with new compiler and product releases.
Sorry to say but this is very hard to believe Typical mE response(see general trend in Forum) to calm down the guys in the Forum while they just carry on with the push towards ARM
The last 13 months all hardware designs that got released contain ARM components even the example code released for non ARM board were written for the ARM compilers
This is just again to put some honey around our us nothing absolutely nothing new for MCHP in last 13 months

We just do not believe you any more mE
P.Erasmus
Saratov,Russia
--------------------------------------------------------------

anikolic
mikroElektronika team

#5 Post by anikolic » 17 Nov 2014 15:40

p.erasmus wrote:We just do not believe you any more mE
OK that hurts, but I guess we deserve it.

Let the time prove me right.

Best regards,
Aleksandar
Web Department Manager

Sparky1039

#6 Post by Sparky1039 » 17 Nov 2014 19:28

Sure the truth stings...
Maybe we users should call you mikroApologetika... because this seems to be the mE stock answer lately i.e. "we apologize for this... or we're sorry for that" ect... versus keeping the user base up to date on what mE is up to and presenting a quarterly/yearly road map of planned updates, enhancements, and new releases for all the compiler products. An informed user base is a happy :D user base.

Perhaps too mE should consider charging for compiler service updates. Something affordable like $25 year so you can hire more staff to fix all those issues that need fixing and take the pressure off the current overworked staff. If the compiler products have the "Pro" moniker attached to them then you should act like a "pro" company and live up to the expectations of one.

st5

#7 Post by st5 » 18 Nov 2014 10:23

I sense a shift from:

A manufacturer of developer boards for professionals.
To
A company that develops whatever that gets in the consumer news.

The shift isn't complete yet. There is still some support for basic stuff, and the new products still have some usability.

Being a semi-pro in this field, I don't like that at all. I chose to hang on this company/community (and bought a license) to get a step further in my career and knowledge,
soon I will be ashame to mention it on my CV, Flowpaw Wunderbar Lego Fisherprize.
3x PicPlc16V6 1x EasypicV7

Going from programming on PC to embedded programming is like working in the dark with sunglasses on.

josef2600

#8 Post by josef2600 » 18 Nov 2014 12:57

st5 wrote:I sense a shift from:

To
A company that develops whatever that gets in the consumer news.
nice !
soon I will be ashame to mention it on my CV, Flowpaw Wunderbar Lego Fisherprize.
this one already has happened ! :idea:

p.erasmus

#9 Post by p.erasmus » 18 Nov 2014 17:27

st5 wrote:I sense a shift from:

To
A company that develops whatever that gets in the consumer news.--
excatly what we were asking mE over the years where are they going with the tools and many time mE assured us in this forum that they are working towards a professional tool chain
this did not happen tmE claims that they are fully occupied and there is not enough time to support the tools but why do we see new compilers added and hobbyist stuff as this Flowpaw while they make the people wait which invested in there tool chain on their promises,mE does not care if we professionals earn any money or living with their tools they got our money when we bought the tools and as most of us we invested in some mE hardware to development boards ICD etc .

mE is just not telling the truth since years there promises is not worth anything sorry to say that as a professional using the mE tool to make a living is just not an option any more
I remenber a time when people like Zoran made a promise and after some time it was realized since the last 4 years this has changed we can not trust mE any longer specially the microchip users
it is clear as day light the mE push towards ARM and these boy toys as Flowpaw and what all they are developing
P.Erasmus
Saratov,Russia

Toley

#10 Post by Toley » 18 Nov 2014 19:32

mE is just not telling the truth since years there promises is not worth anything sorry to say that
So what do you expect ? You complain about that for years (and probably you are right) you should already know it will not change!
Do you want apologies ? They already did many times. Do you want refund ? The only thing they can really do is removing the PRO from the name of the compilers.

Regarding the fact that they left PIC compilers to go to ARM ones, I don't totally agree. In fact what they did is applying the same recipes to different MCU. The ARM compiler are now at around the same level as the ones for PIC regarding the available libraries so they will not grow even more. The only thing they can add is support for more ARM MCU familly. And there is choice enough to do it. For the PIC32MZ don't worry there will be nothing new, only the old generic libraries for the new chips. So upgrading the PIC32 compiler will not let you do anything new, only generic jobs for new faster MCU.
Serge T.
Learning is an endeless process but it must start somewhere!

p.erasmus

#11 Post by p.erasmus » 18 Nov 2014 20:26

Toley wrote: The only thing they can really do is removing the PRO from the name of the compilers.
Well that would be a good start then they would at least stop advertising what is not true
Toley wrote:The only thing they can add is support for more ARM MCU familly. And there is choice enough to do it. For the PIC32MZ don't worry there will be nothing new, only the old generic libraries for the new chips. So upgrading the PIC32 compiler will not let you do anything new, only generic jobs for new faster MCU.
Regarding the updates it not about the PIC32MZ it about adding the the PIC32MX 1 and 2 devices in the compiler and in mikroProg there are devices which is at least 26 months released and still no support for them.
as for libraries that is my last concern I hardly use libraries but need the device to be supported in the compiler/mikroProg
this way I can do as much new things as I would like by accessing the device through my code not mE libraries and program it with the tool they advertise as professional and support all pic's
P.Erasmus
Saratov,Russia

Toley

#12 Post by Toley » 18 Nov 2014 20:34

as for libraries that is my last concern I hardly use libraries but need the device to be supported in the compiler/mikroProg
So you don't need mikroe's tools. Just use a old good PICkit3 and MPLAB-X and you have everything you need.
Serge T.

p.erasmus

#13 Post by p.erasmus » 18 Nov 2014 20:45

Toley wrote:So you don't need mikroe's tools. Just use a old good PICkit3 and MPLAB-X and you have everything you need.
What I am doing for a long time
That does not change the fact that mE are selling the mikroProg/Compiler with the understanding that the device support get updated regularly ,which is not the case and what people here are talking about regardless of which alternative tool we might be using while waiting for mE , We after all paid for the tools mE did not supply them for free
P.Erasmus
Saratov,Russia

Toley

#14 Post by Toley » 19 Nov 2014 12:51

The funniest thing is that there is even newest addition to the PIC32MX 1/2/5 series
http://www.microchip.com/pagehandler/en ... 2-bit.html
And we still don't have support for all the oldest part of this familly. So when the announced new release of mikroe's PIC32 compiler comes out, it will already be out of date :lol:
Serge T.

p.erasmus

#15 Post by p.erasmus » 26 Nov 2014 18:23

anikolic wrote: OK that hurts, but I guess we deserve it.
Let the time prove me right.

Best regards,
Aleksandar
Actions speak louder than your empty words Mr Aleksander
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (202.83 KiB) Viewed 11469 times
P.Erasmus
Saratov,Russia

Return to “mikroC PRO for PIC32 Wish List”