C++ language

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroC PRO for PIC32.
Author

C++ language

#1 Post by gotronics » 04 Jul 2013 23:07

I wish mikroelektronika to design C++ compiler in addition to C. Microchip has done it. What do think guys?

marina.petrovic

Re: C++ language

#2 Post by marina.petrovic » 05 Jul 2013 15:29

Hi,

C++ sometimes is not the best solution for programming the microcontrollers (mostly due to overhead - in terms of memory requirements and in terms of execution time).

Our management evaluated the necessity for such development and investing so much energy into developing C++ compiler (at least for now) would really not produce as much results as it is needed.

Of course, as C++ have some advantages, we are always open for suggestions and comments and we might reconsider our current position and involve into producing C++ compiler.

Best regards,
Marina Petrovic

gotronics

Re: C++ language

#3 Post by gotronics » 05 Jul 2013 22:06

Thanks Marina, you are very right it makes coding easier but at the expense of more memory use and more executing time with current most advanced mirocontrollers, i believe the microcontroller especially microchip will design microcontrollers with bigger memories and bigger clock speeds suitable for C++, i would like to have this c++ as part of the current mikroc as an option not as seperate compiler, it should be mikroc/c++.

Return to “mikroC PRO for PIC32 Wish List”