very very nuisance side menus

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroC PRO for PIC32.
Author

very very nuisance side menus

#1 Post by gzoino » 25 Aug 2011 13:40

Ok This is a very nuisance and it has been this way since i first started to use any of these compilers and though i was going to mention it a few years ago but never got around it, so it is that time. the side menus "should not open by themselves when passing over them with your mouse"!!!!! I'm not sure who thought of it as a great idea but it makes programming very stressfull. everytime I have to scroll up or down the code and you just simply go off of the scrollers a little the " menus open all the time. PLEASE PLEASE remove this in the future. :? :? :? EVERYTHING SHOULD OPEN WHEN CLICKED ON IT!!!!!!! :x :x :x :evil: I do not need any automatic menus open when stressing around the codes up and down. I'm really surprised that nobody has mentioned this before. I hope that you will try it which I'm 100 % sure that everyone has wanted to mention this but never got around it because with all the rest of the proplems we have been dealing with. I really hope that this will be taken into consideration in the next release. Please everyone feel free to comment on this so that a change will be done. my code has gotten very large and most of my time I am dealing with these menus opening up unexpected which then you have to give it time for them to open and then close. in todays programming environment we do not have time to deal with it.

thanks you very much!!!

GZ

zristic
mikroElektronika team

Re: very very nuisance side menus

#2 Post by zristic » 25 Aug 2011 16:16

No problem, just tell us exactly what menus are those, a screenshot would be nice.
Thanks.

gzoino

#3 Post by gzoino » 25 Aug 2011 23:47

I attached the file so that you can see the Library Manager opened. As you know there are more on the side window panes like it which open or swing out on their own when simply passing on it. I don't know what the automatic open function of these side menus are for but it should be changed so that they only open when they are clicked on it.

Thanks

GZ
Attachments
library manager.png
library manager.png (188.28 KiB) Viewed 10627 times

zristic
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by zristic » 26 Aug 2011 09:29

Ok, I get your point. These are docking windows which pop up on mouse over and you want them to pop up on mouse click.
We will probably add an option so you can choose the way it behaves, as other user might like it as it is now.
Thanks for posting.

Kalain

#5 Post by Kalain » 26 Aug 2011 12:14

zristic wrote:and you want them to pop up on mouse click.
We will probably add an option so you can choose the way it behaves, as other user might like it as it is now.
Thanks for posting.
Yep, I think too, this will much more better.
Just click once on it to display it.
You will save time because waiting for hiding the wrong tab is longer than a click on the right one
Alain

gzoino

#6 Post by gzoino » 26 Aug 2011 14:03

Thank you !!!! :D

XLupo

#7 Post by XLupo » 26 Aug 2011 14:16

Hey thanks for mentining this GZoino this has been some bothersome for me as well. This happens because the scroll button is too close to those docking windows and if you slightly go off the scrolls they open. :?: Good you mentioned it

Asad

#8 Post by Asad » 27 Aug 2011 07:41

Gotta agree with OP. Option to open these menus on click rather than just mouse-over would be better.

XLupo

#9 Post by XLupo » 10 Oct 2013 18:44

Hi,

Wow I forgot that this was already addressed here :? . I',m still not a fan of self open side dock menus. I can almost be very sure that everyone must curse this out every time they open. Every time I try to scroll up and down my code and these side dock menus open on me. then you have to slide your mouse off of them in order for them to close again in such a slow closing manner. This is a very waist of time!!!! I can see that promises were made to change this a few years ago but was never changed? :evil: PLEASE PLEASE make life a little bit easier for us, Thank you!!!

Xlupo

MaGiK

#10 Post by MaGiK » 12 Oct 2013 09:51

Hi there guys :D

Although most of my programs are very short because I'm still working with the demo version, I must say that this is indeed very inconvenient and gets quite annoying after a while.
I really hope that the MikroElektronika team fix this issue for all the available compilers in their new releases.
It'll be very appreciated.

Best Regards
My hobby is collecting MikroElektronika products.
Gotta catch them all!

filip
mikroElektronika team

#11 Post by filip » 14 Oct 2013 14:36

Hi,

As zristic said before, we will probably add the check box where you will be able to deselect this feature.
I apologize for the inconvenience caused by this.

Regards,
Filip.

MaGiK

#12 Post by MaGiK » 14 Oct 2013 15:23

Thanks for your concern Filip. It's much appreciated :D
Gotta catch them all!

davegsm82

#13 Post by davegsm82 » 10 Oct 2014 14:46

Sorry for dragging this thread up by its ears but was any change ever made to these menu's?

It's so frustrating and I'd like to be able to turn it off if possible.

Please help.

Dave.

MaGiK

#14 Post by MaGiK » 10 Oct 2014 15:23

Hello Dave :D

The latest post in this thread before yours was about a year ago, and it was my post! I honestly don't recall it :mrgreen:
Any way, please check out this post of mine linked below to cancel out these menus:
http://www.mikroe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=61689

Let me know if you needed anything else :D
Best Regards
Gotta catch them all!

Return to “mikroC PRO for PIC32 Wish List”