Setup for PIC32MZ

General discussion on mikroC PRO for PIC32.
Author

Setup for PIC32MZ

#1 Post by artemiy_v » 13 Aug 2023 16:22

Hello,

I have a Mikromedia 5 PIC32MZ, when I attempt to compile the provided example code, I get an error that there isn't a library for using FT5XX6 functions.

I tried to use the files given in a different forum post, with them the screen turns on but the displayed content is wrong, I have attached a photo:
FT5XX6_and_SSD1963.jpg
FT5XX6_and_SSD1963.jpg (1.73 MiB) Viewed 389 times

Additionally, when I try to create a Visual TFT using either the Visual TFT program or through MikroC PRO for PIC32, I cannot find an appropriate pattern. All of them have the incorrect resolution or some other detail, and I am unsure of which parts I can and should change to match what I need.

I am using the latest version of MikroC PRO for PIC32 and have the Mikromedia 5 PIC32MZ board, version P32MZ2048EFH144

Any help regarding where I can find the required files or how to set up the environment in order to use my board would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Artemiy

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: Setup for PIC32MZ

#2 Post by filip » 22 Aug 2023 14:55

Hi,

Can you please attach your project here ?

Regards,
Filip.

artemiy_v

#3 Post by artemiy_v » 22 Aug 2023 21:03

Hello,

Here is the zip of the project including the hex, it is just a slightly modified version of what is on the PIC32MZ page.

As I said earlier, I believe that the problem isn't with the project but the libraries since there is no FT5XX6 library and the .hex from the original project works as intended.

Thank you,
Artemiy
Attachments
Demo_Touch_and_Swipe.zip
(951.55 KiB) Downloaded 25 times

drthth

#4 Post by drthth » 28 Aug 2023 10:12

There is definitely a big problem with the PIC32MZ and it seems Mikroe is not interested in solving it. I bought in May 2023 two Mikromedia 5 with the PIC32MZ2048EFH144 and wanted to program them with NECTO 3.0 to see if I can use them in the future for some project. I wrote a very simple program (say "Hello world" on the screen, that's all) and I can compile and download without any problem but the screen remains black. No reaction. If I download the HEX file for the demo screen (downloaded from the second board before programming it) it works without any issue. If I use another program written by my daugther with the use of a compiler from Microchip and some driver for the screen and the touch function from the internet it worked fine too. Therefore the hardware can not be the problem. But with the software from Mikroe I have no success and the debugger is not working neither (I can get only a crash message).

I've put this issue on the forum here some time ago and my program was downloaded by an engineer of Mikroe but till now I've not got any answer or solution.

I hoped to get an improvement with the new version of NECTO 4.0 but this version is much worse. It is not even able to compile :-(. And the error message from the compiler make no sense at all. Something like -- "\" with "/" has been changed by compiler in line 0 --- (???). "\" is not used anywere in my code, I searched with the editor and my code start with line 1, line 0 doesn't exist.

In the meantime I bought a Mikromedia 5 with the STM32F407ZGT6 and together with NECTO 3.0 I can program and use it. But with NECTO 4.0 I have also trouble. If I let run my program and I switch the display content sometime it works and sometime it get stuck and I can not find any reason. The debugger doesn't give me any hint because he is not even able to read the content of the registers. If I come to the position where it stucks and I want to make the next step there is no feedback and if I stop the program the program is already stuck in the error exception loop.

Therefore my conclusion, system idea is super, hardware is good but the software is a disaster. Sorry for this negative rating but I lost at least 6 weeks of work time due to this. And I'm an independent consulting engineer, my time is money. This may be valid for a company too but I feel it more direct.

Return to “mikroC PRO for PIC32 General”