Wifi 7 Click board getting started

General discussion on mikroC PRO for PIC32.
Author

Wifi 7 Click board getting started

#1 Post by Dominic75 » 13 Jun 2018 12:20

Hi,
I'm trying to use Wifi 7 click board and i'm having issue getting started. I've looked in this forum, MikroE website and libstock but can't really find anything that could get me started.

MikroE website does not really contain any technical implementation details (https://www.mikroe.com/wifi-7-click)
The libstock project as some issues - Basically there is no explanation at all on how to use the code and the code won't even compile as-is if you try to compile it. After some fiddling I was able to compile the code, but with no documentation it's hard to know how to use it (https://libstock.mikroe.com/projects/vi ... fi-7-click)

Here is what i'm trying to achieve:
-Connect to a network SSID using WPA2
-Send a .json payload (i.e POST) to a particular URL (I don't need to manage the http response)
-Eventually, use https instead of http (but to get started http would be enough)

Hardware I would use:
-Any PIC32 / PIC18

I am using MikroC (I have both MikroC for PIC 32 and MikroC for PIC)

I don't really need to use Wifi 7 click, but it seemed to be one of the few to support https - If there are better options, I can change board.

Anybody could point me to the right resources to get me started? Example, links ... everything is welcomed :)

Thanks!
Dominic

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: Wifi 7 Click board getting started

#2 Post by filip » 29 Jun 2018 15:50

Hi,

I apologize for the late reply, have you managed to get the WiFi board working ?

Regards,
Filip.

Dominic75

#3 Post by Dominic75 » 08 Jul 2018 22:34

Hi Filip,
No, I can't get it working. The examples doesn't compile out of the box and I can't seem to find any relevant example/reference on Wifi 7. If you have any pointers, it would greatly be appreciated. (I am in the process of evaluating a Node MCU module as I need to get this thing rolling...)

Thanks
Dominic

petar.suknjaja
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by petar.suknjaja » 10 Jul 2018 16:39

Hi,
Have you made anything that we could review by so far?
Where in the code problem arise?
Kind regards,
Petar

Dominic75

#5 Post by Dominic75 » 11 Jul 2018 23:59

Hi,
I couldn't get very far. Just building the example as is does not work. All search path's are invalid, and even when fixing them I still got error. Clicking on the error gets you no where near the error in the file. (As usual, it's the guessing game). After copying files around, I was finally able to compile the project.

Then there is the documentation - or the lack of. How do I know what does what? I don't need a detailed document, but an overview would be welcomed. The only "doc" I found was a Select example by editing demo_config.h. in the main .c file. There are about 20 defines in that file, so i'm guessing that I need to comment the one that is not commented and uncomment the one I need.

So I comment #define USING_MODE_AP and uncomment #define USING_TCP_CLIENT (because I think it's the one I need, again no doc) - Then build. Guess what? Again full of compile errors.

At this point I already spent 2 hours mocking around just to get to this point. I don't want to invest another couple to get to the same point again.

Why doesn't example code build as is? Whats the point of having them if we can't actually use them? (Without doing voodoo stuff) - Did I miss the documentation?

Anyhow, it's where am at.

Dominic

(Picture with the search paths: My name is not Richard, so Im guessing these hardcoded path are the one's Mikroe used to build this)
Attachments
Mikroe3.jpg
Mikroe3.jpg (507.81 KiB) Viewed 4718 times
Mikroe1.jpg
Mikroe1.jpg (84.06 KiB) Viewed 4718 times

petar.suknjaja
mikroElektronika team

#6 Post by petar.suknjaja » 12 Jul 2018 15:38

Hi,
I'm sorry for the trouble, I really don't know what's wrong with the example or why there's a problem compiling the example from libstock.
It's usually problem with the Search Paths, but in this case it's really hard to fix everything with so many files included.

I will try to ask our development team to re upload the fixed version of the demo code.

Kind regards,
Petar

Dominic75

#7 Post by Dominic75 » 15 Jul 2018 13:32

Thanks for the follow up Petar.

I hope that for once this will really get resolved. I have seen so many threads in this forum with the same reply from MikroE and then the thread dies.

Dominic

filip
mikroElektronika team

#8 Post by filip » 16 Jul 2018 15:35

Hi,

Please find the example in the attachment, now there should be no issues with the compiling.

Regards,
Filip.
Attachments
Wifi7.rar
(300.24 KiB) Downloaded 141 times

Dominic75

#9 Post by Dominic75 » 18 Jul 2018 23:29

Hi Filip,
Still a no go for me:

Video

Download, extract and open in MikroC For PIC 32 - Full of compile errors.

Dominic

filip
mikroElektronika team

#10 Post by filip » 19 Jul 2018 08:52

Hi,

I apologize, I must have send the wrong file, please find the correct one in the attachment.

Regards,
Filip.
Attachments
Wifi7.zip
(304.32 KiB) Downloaded 130 times

Dominic75

#11 Post by Dominic75 » 19 Jul 2018 14:58

Hi Filip,
Thanks. The latest version indeed compiles without error for the default project. Step-1 done :)

Now, when I go in demo-config.h as per stated in the main file:

Code: Select all

* Select example by editing demo_config.h.
 * Include example.pld in your project
And un-comment

Code: Select all

#define USING_TCP_CLIENT
I still get compile errors.

Do I need to un-comment another #define or do something else? The only information I have are the 2 lines referenced above.

This example is so huge that without documentation, it's hard to know what to do and what does what.

Thanks

(It might be easier to actually split this demo code in smaller chunk like per feature. Ex: one demo for Client, one for server...)

Dominic75

#12 Post by Dominic75 » 30 Jul 2018 11:26

Dominic75 wrote:Thanks for the follow up Petar.

I hope that for once this will really get resolved. I have seen so many threads in this forum with the same reply from MikroE and then the thread dies.

Dominic
I knew that's how this thread would end. It's always like that with Mikroe. You just let the thread die or you say "Dev's will look into it" which never happens - case closed.
And now that you can clearly see that I gave up, you feel relieved - One more thread to ignore - case closed.

filip
mikroElektronika team

#13 Post by filip » 30 Jul 2018 13:47

Hi,

I apologize for the late reply, I will update you ASAP.

Regards,
Filip.

filip
mikroElektronika team

#14 Post by filip » 30 Jul 2018 14:29

Hi,

Please find the example in the attachment.

Regards,
Filip.
Attachments
Wifi7.rar
(297.66 KiB) Downloaded 139 times

sabahat çanakçı

#15 Post by sabahat çanakçı » 18 Nov 2021 15:14

Hi. I have a wifi 7 click board.
Mikroe use pic32 library but i have pic18.
How can ı work its with pic18? Do anyone have an idea?

Return to “mikroC PRO for PIC32 General”