losing all Handlers in TFT combined with PIC32

General discussion on mikroC PRO for PIC32.
Author

losing all Handlers in TFT combined with PIC32

#1 Post by gzoino » 13 May 2018 15:41

Hi,

I have migrated to the MikroC for PIC32 compiler with on board Visual TFT and ran across the following bug. every so often when I add a new button a message comes out saying that I have lost all my handlers and need to answer whether to delete handler or not delete handler. I tried both options and still you end up losing all the handlers in you program. not one but all. please see attached code. where I added a new button and just keeps on happening. "Why must there be this question now in the software?" it asks you if you want to delete handlers and gives you no option but to answer yes or no but still does it anyhow. "PLEASE TAKE THIS OUT"!!!! :x the software never asked before to remove any handlers. I always did it on my own. The more automatic functions that you try to incorporate to a software it introduces more problems and bugs. the software should never have the power to remove all your handlers this was a bad a call..... I have been dealing with so many other issue since I migrated to this new combined version.

1. I would like to go back using the original separated version. why hasn't the separate version of TFT software been updated with the latest changes?
I prefer using it since I had been coding with it for several years and the bugs there had come to a reasonable halt. Now I have to start all over again with all of this. This is a very inconvenience. you should not launch a new program and force people to upgrade when it hasn't been fully debugged!! I have no time to deal with this.

2. The old TFT software keeps on saying that there is an update and that you must down load the New combined version or you cant get all the newer functions.

3. please see my code and you will see that on the SETUP screen where I have added a new button, it keeps on giving me this error and it erases all my handlers over and over again.

Thank you

GZoino
Attachments
WALLBOX.zip
(1.26 MiB) Downloaded 187 times

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: losing all Handlers in TFT combined with PIC32

#2 Post by filip » 14 May 2018 15:22

Hi,

I apologize for this issue, could you please tell me does this happen only when you try add a new button onto the screen,
or when you are modifying the event handlers in the Events file ?

Regards,
Filip.

gzoino

#3 Post by gzoino » 14 May 2018 17:58

Hi Filip,

This has been happening at random times. It happens sometime while i'm adding code to the button, and it happens sometimes when I'm adding a new button. I have redone my handlers over and over again but it keeps on loosing them. thanks

regards

GZoino

gzoino

#4 Post by gzoino » 15 May 2018 19:46

Hi Filip,

I have not heard from you since. Please is there a way that I can continue without this happening? I have tried moving on after re-doing all the handlers over and over but it just keeps on happening all the time. This happens mostly when I am updating or just adding data code to a button or simply when adding a new button to my project. I'm not sure if it happens as well to other tools like images or labels....etc. Thanks for your feedback please let me know

GZoino

saschech

#5 Post by saschech » 16 May 2018 10:43

Hello

@GZoino
have also problems with arm_ide.
I've been waiting a long time for a response to VTFT problems. All I get to hear is:
is reported to the developers nothing else.
Have the impression that Mikroe wants to sit out the problem by not answering.

regards wolfgang

filip
mikroElektronika team

#6 Post by filip » 17 May 2018 15:15

Hi,

@gzoino,
Please, can you attach a video that show what you are doing exactly so I can try this exact action ?

Regards,
Filip.

saschech

#7 Post by saschech » 20 May 2018 15:01

hello

Look here, I think is identical:
viewtopic.php?f=204&t=70665
have the same error in the arm ide

regards wolfgang

gzoino

#8 Post by gzoino » 21 May 2018 21:30

Thanks Wolfgang,

Absolutely that is exactly the same error. Thanks. With my experience dealing with these issues in the past, I do not see this being corrected anytime soon as well all other so I decided not to continue with these version of the compilers. Philip asked first for a copy of my project which I have already provided and it can be easily repeated with it . This is now something new a "video"? To me this is a way of killing time which I have none and not going to continue. I have uninstalled this new version and reinstalled both version of the TFT and MicroC for PIC32 of the stand alone as I have been working all past the years. Hopefully in a couple of years they may have fixed the bugs.

Thanks

GZoino

saschech

#9 Post by saschech » 21 May 2018 22:38

hello gzoino

I found out that "Vtft" can also be used with IDE for ARM V6...........
Out of despair, I have looked around the net and found usable replacement:
Https://www.boecker-systemelektronik.de ... _Tutorials
Works, very well documented and inexpensive
Created a new project out of time.....

regards wolfgang
Attachments
new projekt.PNG
new projekt.PNG (77.17 KiB) Viewed 6831 times

gzoino

#10 Post by gzoino » 28 May 2018 18:59

Thank you Wolfgang,

I haven't had the time to check it out yet , but will do Thanks again

GZoino

vt23

#11 Post by vt23 » 21 Aug 2018 16:07

Hello guys,
I see good topic here. I have an experience with MikroC for PIC32 and VTFT (at least 3 years) and now also with Nextion display. Both concepts have their own problems.
Problem with deleted handlers or multiple copies of the same handlers I've had in the past too. Hard to explain here on the forum - I wish you good luck with this complicated behaviour. I hope you will succeed. It is long time ago, so I can't describe the problem now, I don't remember steps. And yes, these bugs with code generated from VTFT which is mixed with MikroC source code are big problem which kills this GUI system from MikroElektronika. I needed to do many modifications in driver.c file or object.h file (e.g. changing fonts or reading pixels) and sometimes it is big problem when you want to do some changes in the VTFT later and generate new code.
However the posibilities with MikroC with VTFT are quite large. Some features which Nextion have you can create in VTFT/MikroC.
On the other side - I think the big problem of Nextion is problematic work with optional fonts. For example it is hard to use antialiased fonts (If you don't want to use bitmap for every character). Currently you can use only monospaced fonts without visible spacing issues. In the VTFT/MikroC system you can use CP font generator for really nice fonts with antialiasing! You can read pixels from the screen to apply color blending. In the Nextion system you cannot read pixels (color) from the display.
Big advantage of the Nextion is hardware - you have much of memory space for bitmaps. In the VTFT/MikroC system you would have to design processor together with additional external SRAM and/or flash memory for using the same amount of bitmaps - I mean especially for big screens.

Best regards
VT

Maximilien1986

#12 Post by Maximilien1986 » 24 Sep 2019 15:01

Hi all
Sorry to follow up his old subject but I get exactlly the same trouble. Each time that I want to add an "onclick" event, I get the confirmation window telling "Handler function [ButtonRound4OnClick] deleted from code. Do you want to remove reference in design?"
I didn't asked to delete anything and this trouble make me crazy. I can't make my project because I have to restart every time the event for all buttons.
I tested few times to create new project, on 2 computers, don't do "copy/paste" between elements... Every time the same problem

Since this topic date, something moved?

Thanks

vt23

#13 Post by vt23 » 25 Sep 2019 08:34

Hello Maximilien,
for a long time I don't continue with the project in the VTFT. My project was finished succesfully. When I look back, VTFT is quite good tool - it has many possibilities and the community members can really help (their libraries or advices).
What I can advise is doing backup files (manually) at least before the risky operations you know. If something will be changed (generated) badly in the driver.c or header files then just look for the changes in your backed up files and change the wrong lines back manually. Sometimes the handler (name) in the header file is deleted (missing) or parametres of some objects are changed.
(There is also many text editors which can compare files visually line to line.)

Maximilien1986

#14 Post by Maximilien1986 » 25 Sep 2019 10:24

Hello vt23,
Thanks for this advice. But it's really painfull having to save each time the file and compare etc... I was a long time without using these software (VTFT and MikroC for ARM), when I came back on them to start a new project, they were asking for updates, I said "yes" (It's never bad to get the newest versions) and I discoverd that. I remember that before it was not like that.
The worst is to know that Mikroe don't communicate about that, on any post!

Thanks

vt23

#15 Post by vt23 » 25 Sep 2019 12:43

Hello Maximilien,
I had mikroC for PIC32. I don't know how far it is different. Last update which I faced was really big - it was the time when Visual TFT application was merged (fused) with mikroC PRO IDE (application). Good things like automatic backup, new features (not to rewrite user modifications), etc. have came but also bad things like the topic is refering to. If I remember the problem happens when you change GUI (in VTFT) and click Generate. Right?
Then you are back in the mikroC PRO and you can edit the c-files and h-files.
First try to generate code after you change only 1 or few components in the GUI. Now or later you will find that only specific type of the change will cause inconsistent connection between c-file and h-file. Later you will find that the bug result is always similar and you will know where and how the problem (e.g. missing handler) can be manually repaired (hopefully).
I had to do many things manually. I had my own fonts with anti-aliasing (thanks to CP font generator) and this means manually modify driver.c, resources, etc. In the previous versions of the VTFT, the Generate code button click rewrote all my lines of code. I was also experimenting with the script file for changing texts in the c-file or h-file.
I prefer to try something by yourself instead of begging the mikroElektronika (for a long time). They probably cannot repair it.
You have also the choice to leave the VTFT, curse and swear.
In the previous years I was really close to throw this f*** VTFT to the sw scrap yard.
I wish you to find the best solution and then you can post it here.

Return to “mikroC PRO for PIC32 General”