Mikro C Pro for PIC32 v4.0 with VTFT and RTOS installation

General discussion on mikroC PRO for PIC32.
Author

Mikro C Pro for PIC32 v4.0 with VTFT and RTOS installation

#1 Post by 32bits » 20 Jul 2017 18:51

Is there a procedure for installing Micro C Pro for PIC32 and VTFT and FreeRTOS ?
I have Micro C Pro for PIC32 v4.0 installed and VTFT installed but I can not switch between them in Micro C Pro with F12.
Do you plan to show VTFT under tools so it can be selected there also?
And how is Free RTOS installed, is this after or before Micro C Pro for PIC32 installation?

p.erasmus

Re: Mikro C Pro for PIC32 v4.0 with VTFT and RTOS installati

#2 Post by p.erasmus » 21 Jul 2017 05:45

Hehehhe :D There is not much information unfortunately besides a very small text file in the Demo files which is at libstock ,this text file actually tells you nothing .

Look for the Demo on libstock all the needed files for RTOS is in there, then search on youtube for some video from mE that shows you how to use the RTOS in with a ARM compiler
Did you try to press F12 in the IDE to open VTFT ?
P.Erasmus
Saratov,Russia
--------------------------------------------------------------

Toley

#3 Post by Toley » 21 Jul 2017 11:59

There is nothing special that required additional instructions. VTFT and FreeRTOS are installed automatically with PIC32 IDE. You don't need to install VTFT separately (as before).

The only thing that maybe should have been made a little clearer is where to find the FreeRTOS example to start with.

https://libstock.mikroe.com/projects/vi ... c-examples

There is no FreeRTOS tutorial except the two videos (on the bottom of the libstock page). They have been made with the ARM compiler but they only show how to run the examples and start a new project. This is exactly the same way in both compilers so no need to remake the video just to get the right compiler color.

FreeRTOS is used the same way in any compilers. This is not related to architecture but only to C coding. If you want to learn FreeRTOS you have to read the official documentation which have nothing to do with mikroC.

http://www.freertos.org/Documentation/RTOS_book.html
Serge T.
Learning is an endeless process but it must start somewhere!

32bits

#4 Post by 32bits » 23 Jul 2017 20:56

I have Micro C Pro and VTFT registered OK, but when F12 is pressed VTFT does not appear. I have checked in all Micro C Pro menu's but there is no other way to launch VTFT.

Toley

#5 Post by Toley » 23 Jul 2017 21:11

Hi 32bits,

Did you start from a project that use PIC32 and VTFT? If you use an old project, it maybe does not include VTFT. Try an example from the compiler some are made to use VTFT.

Also try to start a new project it will ask you if you want to make a VTFT or a standard project. If it's not a VTFT project, you won't be able to open VTFT.
Serge T.
Learning is an endeless process but it must start somewhere!

darko.ilijevski

#6 Post by darko.ilijevski » 23 Jul 2017 21:29

Hello

When you start the compiler, you have to make a new VTFT based project for it to work. You are offered a choice when you start a new project. Also there's an icon on a top, where you can switch between the VTFT and the code, once you have chosen the VTFT project.

VisualTFT is actually a tool for generating a code, based on the visual input. If you already had some code in your project, it would be hard for the VTFT to generate another code on a top of it. It could get broken or overwritten. For that reason, you can't just switch back and forth, once you have chosen the type of your project. Maybe it will be changed in the future, but for now, it's like that. So the correct order would be to create a new VTFT project first, set up the screen and desired parameters and then insert the code you already wrote, or only fragments of it, depending on it's complexity.

Regarding RTOS, everything that other users have posted is true. You can get the examples on the libstock. I expect there will be more of them, given some time, as the popularity amongst the PIC32 FREE RTOS users grows.

Kind regards
BR,
Darko

Return to “mikroC PRO for PIC32 General”