PIC32MM support

General discussion on mikroC PRO for PIC32.
Author

PIC32MM support

#1 Post by ilferrari » 23 Jul 2016 10:47

Hi, when does ME plan to add compiler support for the PIC32MM series? Also the PIC32MZ EF family. Thanks

Aleksandar.Mitrovic
mikroElektronika team

Re: PIC32MM support

#2 Post by Aleksandar.Mitrovic » 26 Jul 2016 14:35

Hi,

We have in plan to add support for PIC32MZ EF family in the next release I will suggest to our development team to consider adding PIC32MM as well.

Thank you for this suggestion.

Kind regards,
Aleksandar

p.erasmus

#3 Post by p.erasmus » 26 Jul 2016 17:18

Aleksandar.Mitrovic wrote: We have in plan to add support for PIC32MZ EF family in the next release

wha Again one of those automated replies, Are you aware that it has been a very long time since mE did anything usefull to the compiler ?your r comment
of the next release has no meaning unless you say when you intend to do the release as it could be another 2 years before this is done :D
P.Erasmus
Saratov,Russia
--------------------------------------------------------------

Aleksandar.Mitrovic
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by Aleksandar.Mitrovic » 27 Jul 2016 15:28

Hi Erasmus,

We will give our best to change this reputation and the picture which you have about us and our team.

Since we our goal is to have satisfied customers.
Soon you should notice that those are not empty promises and "automated replies" which we give for every suggestion.

Thank you for staying with us!

Kind regards,
Aleksandar

phil31

#5 Post by phil31 » 16 Sep 2016 13:04

hi,

then, 2 months later, may we expect a better view on the PIC32MM release date support on compiler ?

i just feel as p.erasmus about mikroE products ..
you say "Since we our goal is to have satisfied customers." ..
may i refresh your memory .. check my help desk messages .. some bugs are open since several YEARS .. and nothing change ..

regards

uros.cvetinovic
mikroElektronika team

#6 Post by uros.cvetinovic » 18 Sep 2016 09:44

Hi Phil,

I am sorry for your inconvenience.
We will give you an update on your helpdesk tickets as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Uros

Bertold

#7 Post by Bertold » 24 Sep 2016 19:24

I join himself to this ask. Is there a way too realise fast support for any new microcontroller?

Thank for all your work! I appreciate it.

Bertold

uros.cvetinovic
mikroElektronika team

#8 Post by uros.cvetinovic » 26 Sep 2016 16:14

Hi,

You can give us your suggestion, and we will give you an information in a couple of days at most when and if we will support specified device.

Best regards,

Uros

p.erasmus

#9 Post by p.erasmus » 26 Sep 2016 17:50

uros.cvetinovic wrote: You can give us your suggestion, and we will give you an information in a couple of days at most when and if we will support specified device.
Well Uros in my 10 years working with mE I never saw mE say that they wil not support a device or family however it just take years and years for mE to add the device or the family.

the standard mE comment " We will inform our developers and they will add it in one of the future release" obvious 4 years later this comment is still valid comment as mE never commit to a time frame :D as the 5V dsPIC devices since 3 years we are waiting for their addition it is time mE find new comments we know all you standard comments by now :D
Last edited by p.erasmus on 27 Sep 2016 14:22, edited 1 time in total.
P.Erasmus
Saratov,Russia
--------------------------------------------------------------

Bertold

#10 Post by Bertold » 26 Sep 2016 20:17

Maybe resolution is to make interface (to publicate API? made program?) to create description/interfaces files for new microcontroller? Sometimes differencies are minor.

Bertold

#11 Post by Bertold » 20 Apr 2017 12:42

Thank you for support for PIC32MM in new mikroPascal compiler!

ilferrari

#12 Post by ilferrari » 20 Apr 2017 14:43

They aren't supporting PIC32MM in the new compiler. Neither are they supporting PIC32MK

MikeCLX

#13 Post by MikeCLX » 14 Sep 2017 05:05

Unfortunately I have to agree that lack of processor support is killing your compilers, we are forced to use other compilers as there is no point waiting for your developers that may or may not support a chip in the next 10 years. :roll:
I keep coming back here in hope but as others have pointed out i am running out of hope.
Please give the community the ability to add support for other chips that a released.
I have been asking about the Pic32MK and more specifically the PIC32MK1024MC.. so i guess there really is no hope for my wish, all i want is generic support, i can use the datasheet to get access to the other functions i want. :(

darko.ilijevski

#14 Post by darko.ilijevski » 14 Sep 2017 11:56

Hello,

Let me add my observation on the issue, and not finish the post with the infamous "we will inform the devs" sentence :)

To support a MCU, there is a lot of work involved. We were working hard almost half a year to support the newest MZ family of MCUs. Why is that so ? Because we (the developers) have to get through the every single line of the datasheet many times over, test all the libraries, see what needs to be changed, modify, test again... All that while other users ask for improvement of the SD card library, UART library for CEC, SPI library for the FT90x and so on - you get what I want to say. There's a lot of work and adding a new family, especially one that belongs to a high end MCU, takes time. So - I am afraid that you will have to wait on a support. We (the support team) do report the missing MCUs, but when the time comes, developers will add the software needed to support them. Also we're a growing company, and therefore I think that the release times will get shorter and shorter as the mE company grows bigger and bigger.

In the meanwhile you can enjoy our newly released MZ family at 200MHz (up to 250) and have fun with it, instead.

We have also added the roadmap page, where you can see the development for the upcoming compiler releases - if the MCU support is being added, what MCUs are going to be added and so on:
Take a look HERE

But I can't escape the next one :D

Best regards !
BR,
Darko

ilferrari

#15 Post by ilferrari » 15 Sep 2017 08:50

Sure there's a lot of work involved. If ME don't have the resources to properly support 21 compilers over 7 architectures, then they shouldn't be covering so many. You tell your customers they should instead "have fun" with the "new" PIC32MZ released in 2013. Is the compiler a toy or a professional toolchain? Your customers have demands themselves from their clients and they will decide what they need, and they have other toolchains to go to. The "we are growing and it will get better" comment is another old one.

To ME's credit, adding a roadmap for each compiler was a step forward and it came from pressure here on the forums. The next step is to get these compilers updated faster. PIC32 is the most urgent.

Return to “mikroC PRO for PIC32 General”