What is happening to Visual TFT ? Features Lagging poorly

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of Visual TFT Software.
Author

What is happening to Visual TFT ? Features Lagging poorly

#1 Post by gomond » 15 Mar 2016 03:00

Hi I have bought almost all C compilers from Mikroelektronika and Visual TFT and Visual GLCD, thinking that it would be good value to put all my eggs in 1 basket and your price was reasonable.

But since Visual TFT came out there has been no major UI enhancements at all just support a few displays that are on your equipment.
and 2 touch screen controls ic's.

I invested time and money to create products using your softwares but always behind.

Visual TFT badly needs Gauges and more widgets (Desperately ) or things like uGFX (Free) and Nextion will surpass and take away sales from you.

We need to be able to extend the features with plugins or addon packs which I am sure most of us would pay for.

But please don't let the first "Great" product that you have made wither away and die as it needs to grow. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :?:

biljana.nedeljkovic
mikroElektronika team

Re: What is happening to Visual TFT ? Features Lagging poorl

#2 Post by biljana.nedeljkovic » 15 Mar 2016 10:37

Hello,

We are very glad you are using our products.

I am not sure which display controller you use, but we have far more features for our FT8xx controller.
You can take a look at those projects.

Your feedback has been forwarded to our development team.
We really do appreciate it.

Best regards,
Biljana

prakob

#3 Post by prakob » 25 Aug 2016 02:51

Hi bijana

As gomond said, I have posted this topic before.

http://forum.mikroe.com/viewtopic.php?f=160&t=67176
You can see my post about other compiler provide more widget examples that is useful for development graphic display. Your VTFT for FT8xx should not only have basic component but you have to have more advance widget that FT8xx can possibly do.

My thinking is the lag of updating your all compiler is the unlimited time license. So your company will have not gain the money from your compiler than your hardware section. why When you have new hardware that need to updating you software , you can release new compiler to support it?

I have ever talked to your coleage that other company have been using 1yease or 2 year licensing . As you have the professional software section , you can plan to improve and update new devices and library for each compiler . These licensing method will support all kind of customer. for example, The hobby and student can use your compiler without updating . For the serious customer that having time limit and need to have the stable compiler for their products. They can pay for extending the license if your compiler have reasonable updating the new library or bug fix.

If my thinking is correct, MikroE hardware and software product will be the another best one in the market.

Best regards

biljana.nedeljkovic
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by biljana.nedeljkovic » 25 Aug 2016 15:59

Hello,

Thank you for this feedback.

The time limit for the license, or paying for the update, was considered earlier, but rejected.
We wanted to provide free support and free update by the end of life of the product.

Either way, the change is always possible, we will consider it.

Kind regards,
Biljana

Return to “Visual TFT Wish List”