VTFT 3.7.0 - moving components from one layer to another

Beta Testing discussion on Visual TFT Software.
Author

VTFT 3.7.0 - moving components from one layer to another

#1 Post by PIC007 » 09 Dec 2013 12:18

mE team, why does moving components from one layer to another appear not to work for me?

I cut a component from one layer to clipboard, move to the intended new layer, get focus to it but clicking in blank area till the layer title shows bold (note: it also seems flaky to get focus to move to another layer), then click paste from clipboard and nothing! The component does not appear?

Thanks

marina.petrovic

Re: VTFT 3.7.0 - moving components from one layer to another

#2 Post by marina.petrovic » 10 Dec 2013 12:16

Hi,

I believe that I already answered you on this question on support desk,
but just to be sure, make sure that when you copy some object from the layer, that layer (from which you copy the object)
should be visible.

Also, please, can you explain me a little bit more your note: it also seems flaky to get focus to move to another layer?

Best regards,
Marina

PIC007

#3 Post by PIC007 » 11 Dec 2013 07:45

marina.petrovic wrote:Hi,

I believe that I already answered you on this question on support desk,
but just to be sure, make sure that when you copy some object from the layer, that layer (from which you copy the object)
should be visible.

Also, please, can you explain me a little bit more your note: it also seems flaky to get focus to move to another layer?

Best regards,
Marina

Thank you for the help Marina.

I have tried as you suggested by not hiding the layer which holds the component being copied, and indeed this work around makes it possible to paste it to the other layer.

However, this is not working as it should - one should be able to copy the component to be moved to the clipboard, then hide the layers you want so as to only keep visible the layer you desire to paste it to.

Another problem is that when you click on a layer (in the layers selection window) which one wants to move focus to, and it does not highlight. You need to also click on the layer to get focus to move, but because you cannot hide the layers you do not want, this gets awkward as you are unable to determine which layer you are clicking on as they are stacked on top of each other.

Perhaps mE can please address in next release.

marina.petrovic

#4 Post by marina.petrovic » 12 Dec 2013 14:44

Hi,

I believe that we had the same correspondence on support desk, so we can continue there.

Thank you for your suggestion, I will pass it to our software developers and they will certainly consider it.

Best regards,
Marina

Return to “Visual TFT Beta Testing”