BUTTONCLICK IS NOT WORKING BUT BUTTON PRESS WORKING

Beta Testing discussion on Visual TFT Software.
Author

BUTTONCLICK IS NOT WORKING BUT BUTTON PRESS WORKING

#1 Post by Prof.Wagner » 04 Oct 2011 20:58

Hi Everyone,

I developed a projetc using Visual TFT with MMB24 and the properties buttonClick was working very well but now is working only button Press properties. I checked all my project and I didnt find any problem. Somebody can help me? Where do I need to check to find the problem? why the propeties buttonpress works but buttonClick doesnt work? Before it was working but I didnt change anything.

Thank you

Prof. Wagner

janko.kaljevic

Re: BUTTONCLICK IS NOT WORKING BUT BUTTON PRESS WORKING

#2 Post by janko.kaljevic » 05 Oct 2011 08:55

Hello,

Please can clarify to me, is this happening with new projects or it has the same behavior with old projects that previously worked well.
Also when you say button click is not working, what exactly happen in this case. Please describe to me how this behavior occurs.

Best regards.

Prof.Wagner

#3 Post by Prof.Wagner » 06 Oct 2011 15:12

Hi Janko,

My project was working very good, and it was a prototipe of the new product for my company. I changed my PC to a new one (i5) and I made an up grade of Mikro Basic to new version. I am using a MM24 for my tests.

When I turn on the board I can see the first screen, but when I click in the button "Start" that I put in this screen, I didnt change to second screen. If I change the properties from CLICK to PRESS Button, my project works ok. In this screen I can change, no problem, but in the second Screen I have a Keyboard (16 buttons) so isnt possible to use properties "PRESS" I need "CLICK". If I let CLICK when I ckick over the button notting happen.

If I change all buttons to press or DOwn properties, my project works very well, but if I put CLICK properties it doesnt work.

Atached I am sending copy of the first and second screen that works. If I change the properties Button60Down to Button60CKICK and I put, of course the code inside of the new procedure my program doesnt do anything, dont change of the first to second screen.

Thank you in advance

Prof. Wagner
Attachments
first screen.jpg
first screen.jpg (196.79 KiB) Viewed 6511 times
second screen.jpg
second screen.jpg (227.8 KiB) Viewed 6511 times

janko.kaljevic

#4 Post by janko.kaljevic » 07 Oct 2011 12:36

Hello,

Is this happening with all your old projects?
Have you tried to make new simple project and test it?
Also try some of our examples provided with VisualTFT Tool.

When you load code with ButtonClick procedure. what does happen in run time.
Does mikromedia detect click (invert colors) and then nothing happens?

If you can post your simple project that describes this issue.
Or if it is easier, send it to my e-mail:
janko.kaljevic@mikroe.com
Just export project to new folder, rar it and send.

Best regards.

Prof.Wagner

#5 Post by Prof.Wagner » 07 Oct 2011 14:58

Hello,

Yes this happen with old project. All project was made using Visual TFT.

Yes the color change when I press the button.

I made a simple program it running very well but I re-compiler several times and now the problem is diferent. I read this message in the Mikrobasic = "0 360 Unresolved extern 'Button51OnCLick' terminal_tft_driver.mbas". The button is there, the routine is there too.

I remove from my old project the the file event_code and I am put all button again, so the problem = "0 360 Unresolved extern 'Button51OnCLick' terminal_tft_driver.mbas" happen when I tried to compiler. Maybe the problem is not the VISUAL TFT , maybe the problem is in the MikroBasic. I think that is better I change all my project to MikroC. What you think about it?

Regards

Prof. Wagner Ideali

janko.kaljevic

#6 Post by janko.kaljevic » 10 Oct 2011 15:51

Hello,

Please if it possible send me the questioned project so we can inspect it. Or the minimal part that have same behavior.
There should not be any differences on which compiler you are using mikroBasic behaves same as mikroC compiler.

If it is more comfortable, you can send it to my e-mail:
janko.kaljevic@mikroe.com

Best regards.

stevencovert

#7 Post by stevencovert » 30 Aug 2012 13:28

I dont know if it relates, but I think that ButonClick has been replaced with ButtonOnClick. Theres an "ON" in there.

Code: Select all

my btnX1000Click  from previous code is now
btnX1000OnClick  when generated
I re-worked my code (deleting the function names, and regenerating). Make sure your code has the "ON" now, or remove the ON in VTFT. The color will cycle OK when pressed (this is not part the routine YOU make!), but it will call an EMPTY function. There might may an empty function at the bottom of your events code you didnt notice (one with the ON in the name).

Steve
Last edited by stevencovert on 31 Aug 2012 20:20, edited 1 time in total.
I like apple P=IE!

janko.kaljevic

#8 Post by janko.kaljevic » 31 Aug 2012 09:33

Hello,

Yes we are aware of the issue with Case sensitive generated code.
We will fix it as soon as possible.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused by this.

Best regards.

Return to “Visual TFT Beta Testing”