VisualTFT Through Necto Studio

General discussion on Visual TFT Software.
Author

VisualTFT Through Necto Studio

#1 Post by R.Crane » 17 Feb 2021 19:53

All,

I hope I am posting this question in the right place (VisualTFT Library question more so than VTFT-IDE question)...

The issue I am having is that the Labels' captions in my Necto Studio project that makes use of VisualTFT library are not being dynamically updated (unless I refresh the screen...). What I am trying to accomplish is the dynamic updating of those captions. Any suggestions on how to do this?

I am trying to do a simple project (based off of the example designer demo and the example magneto 5 click board) where I am displaying the output from the magneto 5 (i.e., just display the x, y, and z axis outputs). Ideally, I was planning on using only Labels and Boxes. From what I have seen, the functions available to me seem to differ in Necto Studio from those available to those using VisualTFT Software (which I am not opposed to doing if I absolutely have to swap IDEs to accomplish my goals).

Currently what I have that works is: I read the values from the magneto 5 sensor, I change the captions of my X, Y, and Z labels, but in order to display the new captions I -have- to refresh the screen (which redraws the ENTIRE screen; I am aiming to just redraw the Labels - I don't have a nifty erase/clear function to do this in Necto Studio I don't think).

My current environment:

- IDE: Necto Studio 1.4.1

- Board: Mikromedia 7 FPI Capacitive

- Additions: Magneto 5 Click Board

- Programmer: CodeGRIP

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: VisualTFT Through Necto Studio

#2 Post by filip » 18 Feb 2021 14:23

Hi,

So what happens if you try redrawing just the label, using DrawLabel function instead of DrawScreen ?

Regards,
Filip.

R.Crane

#3 Post by R.Crane » 18 Feb 2021 14:29

Filip,

I can't find any reference to DrawLabel() or DrawScreen() - I am using the following function call to refresh the screen: vtft_refresh_current_screen(&vtft);

IF I use the following function call, then the labels stack on top of each other in the same position: vtft_draw_component(&vtft, (vtft_component*)xyz_screen.X);

Where:

- vtft is my current vtft instance

- xyz_screen is my screen instance

- X is the label whose caption I am trying to update.

Unsure if I am missing an #include somewhere or something to get the DrawLabel() or DrawScreen() functions in Necto - as said, my current work is based off of the designer_demo example project.

Regards,

Ray

R.Crane

#4 Post by R.Crane » 18 Feb 2021 16:01

For additional information, I am using the vtft api that's included in microSDK 2.0

ronjodu

#5 Post by ronjodu » 16 Mar 2024 14:38

I am having issues with drawscreen in NECTO 6. I get an error at DrawScreen();
Is there a different way to do this?
Any MikroC examples out there for a Pic32MZ/X micro?

Code: Select all

void Turd()
{
	//Place your event code here
}

void Turd2()
{
    //Place your event code here

main_screen_data.color = 0xF800;
    DrawScreen();

}

IvanJeremic
mikroElektronika team

#6 Post by IvanJeremic » 24 Mar 2024 10:43

Hi,

Can you please explain in more detail what error occurs when you try to use DrawScreen()?

Regards,

Ivan.

Return to “Visual TFT General”