Visual TFT does not generate even code declarations

General discussion on Visual TFT Software.
Author

Visual TFT does not generate even code declarations

#1 Post by vojkob » 14 Nov 2020 20:33

Hi,

after years of using Visual TFT, I got really strange problems on project that already worked perfectly.

When I compile Visula TFT , the _objects.h has empty entire on Event handlers:

/////////////////////////
// Events Code Declarations
/////////////////////////
HERE SHOULD BE DECLARATIONS OF EVENT FUNCTIONS

The variables are declared properly
/////////////////////////////////
// Caption variables Declarations
extern char Box11_Caption[];
extern char Diagram4_BoxRound1_Caption[];
extern char Box15_Caption[];

Of course, when I compile software I got errors since I have no declarations of functions avaiable.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Vojko

filip.grujcic

Re: Visual TFT does not generate even code declarations

#2 Post by filip.grujcic » 17 Nov 2020 17:26

Hello,

I believe you raised a support ticket on our helpdesk, therefore let us continue the conversation there.

Regards,
Filip Grujcic

rus51

#3 Post by rus51 » 29 Apr 2021 12:40

Hi Mikroelektronika

Was the reason for this behavior ever explained by Mikroelektronika? I would like to know why this fault and many other VTFT faults have never been fixed.

rus51

rus51

#4 Post by rus51 » 08 May 2021 04:27

Hello All

If I use VTFT for a MikroC for ARM project, I now always use the integrated version of VTFT. From my experience, I can say that the Visual TFT version integrated with MikroC for ARM works without problems and is very fit for purpose. However, this is not the case with the standalone version of Visual TFT V4.6.1. The standalone version of Visual TFT V4.6.1 is still for sale on the ME website (USD119) and many people still use it. I am a little upset that ME have not so far (and apparently show zero intent to do so) fixed the many problems with the standalone version of Visual TFT V4.6.1. I decided to do something about it.

I have written a Windows C++ program which fixes the problems with the code generated by the standalone version of Visual TFT V4.6.1. These problems prevent the code compiling in MikroC for ARM. The program does not interfere at all with the operation of Visual TFT V4.6.1. After Visual TFT V4.6.1 generates code, the program runs and corrects errors in some files generated by Visual TFT V4.6.1. The code will then compile without error in MikroC for ARM. I have not tested it with other ME compilers but I see no obvious reason why it will not work. If you have need for this program, write me an email at auslame@outlook.com.

This program does not fix the 'XX is not a valid integer value' problem nor does it fix the 'saving file' problem which prevents Visual TFT V4.6.1 from shutting down normally. I am working on these problems which I think are windows registry problems. Neither of these problems are caused by the generation of code by Visual TFT V4.6.1. They only become apparent after MikroC for ARM is started to use the code generated by Visual TFT V4.6.1.

The problems with the generated code of the standalone version of Visual TFT V4.6.1 do not really personally worry me because I only use VTFT V4.6.1 to design screens for non ME compilers and non ME graphics libraries. For this purpose it is superb, and I am very pleased with the way it performs. To accomplish this, I have written a Windows C++ program which takes the output ascii files of VTFT V4.6.1 and uses them to generate either c and h files and/or functions compliant with the requirements of the target graphics library. I can make it work with any graphics library running on any MCU. This program works with code produced by any version of VTFT, either standalone or integrated. If you have need for such a program for any MCU or any graphics library please write me an email at auslame@outlook.com.

rus51
Attachments
Converter.jpg
Converter.jpg (73.29 KiB) Viewed 2078 times
FileFixer.jpg
FileFixer.jpg (57.05 KiB) Viewed 2078 times

filip.grujcic

#5 Post by filip.grujcic » 11 May 2021 08:27

Hello,

Thank you for your input. The one thing I would like to clarify, the standalone VTFT (4.6.1) and the integrated one (4.6.2) are the same software, except the new version is used from within the compiler and contains various bug fixes that were present in the previous version. If you purchase the VTFT your license is valid with any version and not just the standalone one. Therefore, it is not true we did not care to update the standalone one, we did, it just got integrated in the compilers in the process, but it's still the same program.

Regards,
Filip Grujcic

rus51

#6 Post by rus51 » 11 May 2021 08:46

Hello Filip

I thank you for your reply. What you say is true and I have acknowledged in my mail that the integrated VTFT (V4.6.2) does not have many of the problems of the standalone V4.6.1. I found the operation of the integrated VTFT (V4.6.2) faultless in MikroC for Arm. However, could you please explain to me why the standalone version of VTFT (V4.6.1) is still for sale unfixed at USD119 on your website. Surely if the modified version (V4.6.2) has had the problems fixed, then it would be a fairly simple task to apply similar fixes to the standalone Version 4.6.1.

Regards
rus51

Return to “Visual TFT General”