Handler Function [xxxx] deleted from code.

General discussion on Visual TFT Software.
Author

Handler Function [xxxx] deleted from code.

#1 Post by ACPUK » 02 Dec 2019 01:19

When working in Visual TFT, editing the function void event_xxxx() it is extremely frustrating then the function is broken.
i.e. the { } is broken.

For example of you are trying to do an if statement, as soon as you type if(foo) {
the "{" brakes the function and you get the annoying Handler function xxxxx deleted, dialog.

As a work around I have the xxxx_events_code.c open in notrpad ++ and work on it there. But this is an IDE and we should not have to do this.

selecting "No" or "No to all" creates a load of replacement functions in the code.

Can the code not be evaluated at some other time. like when building the project, rather instantaneously as it is now.

Working on a project like the one I am, where there are 100+ functions in the code, it is extremely frustrating and annoying.

stefan.filipovic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Handler Function [xxxx] deleted from code.

#2 Post by stefan.filipovic » 03 Dec 2019 12:49

Hi,

I apologize for the inconvenience caused by this.

We know about this issue, it's already forwarded to developers. I hope it would be fixed soon.

As a workaround, I suggest you try closing the brackets immediately after opening and you should avoid this issue.

Kind regards,
Stefan Filipović

Toley

#3 Post by Toley » 03 Dec 2019 13:03

stefan.filipovic wrote: We know about this issue, it's already forwarded to developers. I hope it would be fixed soon.
The problem is, since VTFT has been merged into compilers, it will take many years to fix the problem in all the architectures. Cause many compilers have not been update since many years. And this is the best case the most probable one is that it will never be fixed at all.

Sorry for been sarcastic but over the years this is what we can observe on the software side at mikroe.
Serge T.
Learning is an endeless process but it must start somewhere!

BXF

#4 Post by BXF » 16 Apr 2021 11:40

THIS IS STILL A PROBLEM WHICH HASNT BEEN FIXED

I just found this topic, because I made the mistake to merge the VTFT project with my code project. Why even use any of the newer versions of the IDE?

mikes_123

#5 Post by mikes_123 » 26 Aug 2021 17:26

Two years later and it HASN"T BEEN FIXED yet.

I inherited the project I'm working on and now I want to kill the guy who selected MIKROE products for it. On any sneeze IDE pops up a dialog which is impossible to get rid of and generates thousand lines worth of empty functions which are NOT needed, since the code works just fine without them. Any attempt to open "integrated" Visual TFT screws up a perfectly working code with enigmatic unnecessary and buggy changes. Working with this "professional" IDE is worth than pulling your own teeth without anesthesia.

Apparently the company doesn't stand behind their product. They just repackage the same buggy crap into new boxes and sell it as "updates".

Return to “Visual TFT General”