Crash while generating button OnClick()

General discussion on Visual TFT Software.
Author

Crash while generating button OnClick()

#1 Post by ChrisG » 25 Oct 2018 03:04

I'm using MikroC for ARM and Visual TFT on a STM32F0, connected to the FTDI 812 based screen from MikroElektronika.

I have an issue where after double clicking inside the onclick selector in visual tft, the code is generated and I'm taken to the event handler file. But, while generating, I get the error "Handler function [button_nameOnClick] deleted from code. Do you want to remove reference in design?" Then, whether I click yes or no, I'll often get a program crash, exception: "Access violation at address 008AB336 in module 'mikroC Pro ARM.exe'. Read of address FFFF0107."

This is happening often enough it's completely halted development. I've tried things such as removing all generated visual TFT code and letting it all being generated again, searching for references to the buttons, etc. This happens on 2 different computers. Any suggestions on other things I can try?

petar.suknjaja
mikroElektronika team

Re: Crash while generating button OnClick()

#2 Post by petar.suknjaja » 25 Oct 2018 09:57

Hi,
A similar issue has been reported before to our developers, usually while deleting the curly brackets in the even file.
We know that developers are working on it and issue will be solved in the next version of the compiler.
Could you send us your project for review?
Kind regards,
Petar

ChrisG

#3 Post by ChrisG » 25 Oct 2018 14:49

Yes I should be able to do that, how do you want me to send it? I'd rather not post it to a public forum.

petar.suknjaja
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by petar.suknjaja » 26 Oct 2018 10:42

Hi Chris,
You can send it on
petar.suknjaja@mikroe.com

We will delete the project when we review it.
Kind regards,
Petar

Kiddir

#5 Post by Kiddir » 19 Mar 2019 16:31

Hello,

I have the same issue and it is actually impossible for me to generate buttons through VTFT. I tried with my personal project and then with a working example. The previous buttons of the example are working well but when I add buttons they are not working at all, not even the press colour. When I add a ButtonOnClick() function I get the error message mentioned before. The board is the Mikromedia 7 with STM32F4. Did you find any solution to fix this issue?

petar.suknjaja
mikroElektronika team

#6 Post by petar.suknjaja » 20 Mar 2019 10:13

Hi,
If this isn't the case of error generated after deleting the last curly brackets in the function in the event file,
send us the project and if you can a video or detailed explanation how we could reproduce the error.
Kind regards,
Petar

Return to “Visual TFT General”