HMI; DrawScreen; Fonts; long update time;

General discussion on Visual TFT Software.
Author

HMI; DrawScreen; Fonts; long update time;

#1 Post by M5M8S10 » 17 Jan 2018 14:09

Hi Forum,

When I use the DrawScreen-procedure to change from one screen to another, on which large fonts are used, it takes a very long time for the Mikromedia HMI to display that screen. For example in my project I use multiple EveText with different fonts (72,100,140 arial bold) and it takes about 3.2 seconds to make the switch from another screen to this one. For my purposes that's way to long.

Because I didn't quite understand the nature of the issue, I've done some testing. I hooked up an oscilloscope on the UART-RTS pin on the HMI-BB, which I set to LOW before and HIGH again after the DrawScreen-call and measured the time.
It seems that the amount of components like Labels, EveTexts or EveNumbers doesn't affect the time to make the switch, rather then how much different fontsizes are used. Also it seems indifferent which components are used to display texts i.e. EveTexts or Labels.

So much for the analysis. Until now i could not find a solution or work around for this matter. I already tried the DrawScreenO-procedure which is used in the driver file or found in the help file with no improvement whatsoever (the display just shows a pixelmess for the same time until it displays all the components correctly).

I add the project for the time measurement, maybe it is possible to tweek something in the settings or something on the like.

So if anyone has a suggestion to improve this or idea for a work-around I would be very grateful.

An updatetime of about 1.5 would be okayish, but I need to use large fonts.

I use the Mikromedia HMI-50 (no touch) in combination with mikroPascal PRO for FT90x.
The resources a stored in an external HC SD-card and the settings are basicly copied from the Mirkomedia_HMI_5_RTP pattern (I merly disabled touch if i recall correctly).

Thanks in advance M.
Attachments
drawscreendemo.zip
full project zip
(637.25 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
drawscreendemo.rar
full project
(436.3 KiB) Downloaded 88 times

dusan.poluga
mikroElektronika team

Re: HMI; DrawScreen; Fonts; long update time;

#2 Post by dusan.poluga » 23 Jan 2018 12:31

Hi,

By decreasing the divider from 8 to 2 in the procedure shown below

Code: Select all

procedure Init_MCU();
begin
  // Setup FT810 SPI interface
  SPIM1_Init_Advanced(_SPI_MASTER_CLK_RATIO_2, _SPI_CFG_POLARITY_IDLE_LOW or _SPI_CFG_PHASE_CAPTURE_FALLING, _SPI_SS_LINE_NONE);
end;
I was able to increase the loading time of the font by around 1 second.

It seems that the problem is partially related to the speed and size of data being loaded from external resources.

Best Regards,
Dusan Poluga.

Return to “Visual TFT General”