object limit of 255 per screen

General discussion on Visual TFT Software.
Author

object limit of 255 per screen

#1 Post by DEC » 13 Feb 2017 21:36

Is there a work around the 255 limit on screen objects. Or are you considering on changing this on the next software revision?? This virtually makes Visual TFT useless to me.

danilo.milovic
mikroElektronika team

Re: object limit of 255 per screen

#2 Post by danilo.milovic » 14 Feb 2017 15:54

Hi,

please don't start multiple topics regarding the same issue.

Thanks,

Danilo

DEC

#3 Post by DEC » 25 Oct 2017 09:01

Ok but please answer my question with the truth. It is not a limitation of the FT812, it's limitation of your software. This is an easy fix, please do it as it makes this program closer to a professional development system. Also please hire more people so these things get taken care of in a timely manner. I'm more than willing to pay for updates as virtually everyone is. Taking months and years to fix known issues just makes people go else where for a development system.

With that said you have great potential to make a development system, please hire more people to get the job done in a timely manner. The software is full of bugs and the documentation is less than ideal....not even close.

Duane

filip
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by filip » 26 Oct 2017 09:30

Hi,

This may see like the easy fix, but in truth it isn't.

The FT8xx datasheet states this :
Hardware engine can recognize touch tags and track touch movement. It provides notification for up to 255 touch tags.
If the screen is being touched, the screen coordinates are looked up in the screen's tag buffer, delivering a final 8-bit tag value, in REG_TOUCH_TAG.
Essentially, this means that the FT8xx HW module can detect touch events for 255 objects maximum.

The Visual TFT is surely capable of displaying more than 255 objects, but the objects exceeding that limit may not have a touch tag associated, so the user cannot use them for touch panel actions.

Regards,
Filip.

DEC

#5 Post by DEC » 31 Oct 2017 06:02

The limit for the Ft813 my be 255 for touch objects but your software limits any and all objects to 255 including just plain lines, makes it hard to draw anything. Fixing this would go a long way in making this a true development system.

And by the way you run into the same limit when using any other controller.....it's your software.

Could you please give me a good work around I can use until you fix this bug???

Duane

Return to “Visual TFT General”