Visual TFT integrated in new version of FT90x compilers

General discussion on Visual TFT Software.
Author
srdjan.misic
mikroElektronika team

Visual TFT integrated in new version of FT90x compilers

#1 Post by srdjan.misic » 04 Jul 2016 23:32

New version of FT90x IDE integrates VisualTFT – try it out for a chance to win a free mikromedia HMI

New version of ft90x compilers (2.00) integrate Visual TFT. Even if you don't work with
FT90x you should install and try the new version, because soon this will happen to your
favorite compiler too. We really want you to try it and give us your feedback – so we are
giving away a few FT900-powered mikromedia HMI boards.

Before we let you know how you can win a mikromedia HMI board, a short brief on why we did this.

Most of us seem to be eternally pilling up more tools and widgets onto our PCs. Wallpapers
with exotic landscapes get buried under a pile of icons. We spend our day alt-tabbing,
minimizing and resizing windows. It gets tiring. But it doesn't have to be that way.

To alleviate app fatigue, declutter your desktop and increase your productivity, we decided
to simplify. One by one, we will start merging Visual TFT with all compilers. The goal is to offer
you a single environment for designing, coding, compiling and debugging.

FT90x compilers happen to be the first in the queue. Even if you don't have any FT90x hardware,
we recommend that you install the 45-day trial version just to experience the new workflow. We
promise you'll become impatient to see the new version of your favorite compiler with the same
changes. And you might win a mikromedia. Here's how it works.

Seamless workflow

When starting a project, you specify whether you need Visual TFT or not. If yes, then you start working
on a unified project that holds all settings and configurations in one place. Both the front-facing GUI
and the backend code.

For existing Visual TFT users the environment will be familiar. The "what you see is what you get" visual
editor with various drag and drop elements arranged in the sidebar.

Press F12 and the view switches to the compiler. There, the code generated by your dragging and dropping
is waiting for you. Edit it as required. Write the code for various events.

Switch back to Visual TFT and tinker with the GUI some more.

Then go back to the compiler – the changes will be merged into the existing code.

It's a seamless, flexible workflow. You will be able to drive your projects to completion much faster.

Simple to upgrade, no hidden costs

When it comes to licensing, there are three scenarios.

Some of you will not require the GUI design tool. Don't worry. You can continue using the compiler
without ever seeing Visual TFT.

If you own both compiler and Visual TFT licenses, all you will have to do is type your Visual TFT license
key inside the compiler. Start using the integrated version and uninstall the old Visual TFT from your system.

The third scenario is for those who want to add Visual TFT to their toolkit for the first time. All you have
to do is purchase a Visual TFT electronic license ($99) and type it in the compiler.

Win a free mikromedia

As already stated, we want you to try this. Download the demo of mikroC, mikroBasic or mikroPascal for
FT90x (the Visual TFT will have limited functionality but you can get a sense of how it works).

If you are willing to provide your feedback, please give us your name and email. In two weeks, we will send
you an email with a 2-minute survey about your experience.

Those of you who fill out the survey will enter a sweepstake to win one of three 5 inch UXW mikromedia HMI boards
(with a capacitive or resistive touchpanel).

bodgy

Re: Visual TFT integrated in new version of FT90x compilers

#2 Post by bodgy » 06 Jul 2016 12:17

I like the idea of combining the graphic designer into the compiler IDE. However, I see a problem for those of us who already have a registered copy of Visual TFT.

My copy did not have a serial number, but required downloading and running the Visual TFT Reg.exe, this program does not reveal the serial number, so I am at a loss on how to enter the code into the FT90x activation panel.

Aha, just seen the request activation license link.

biljana.nedeljkovic
mikroElektronika team

#3 Post by biljana.nedeljkovic » 08 Jul 2016 09:03

Hi,

Have you managed to solve the issue with the license for the Visual TFT?

Please let me know if there is something more I can help you with.

Kind regards,
Biljana

bodgy

#4 Post by bodgy » 08 Jul 2016 10:27

Thank you Biljana, I have received the license number.

mschuckel

#5 Post by mschuckel » 10 Jun 2017 00:32

Hello very new to this, I attempted to create a 2 Screen project from your manual. The Project compiled correctly , but will not switch screens?

Any Ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks!
MS Design

lana.arsic
mikroElektronika team

#6 Post by lana.arsic » 12 Jun 2017 16:44

Hi,

Can you tell me which display are you using?
Are you using one of our development boards or your own hardware?

Kind regards,
Lana

Return to “Visual TFT General”