Visual TFT External Resources to AT45DB SPI Serial Flash

General discussion on Visual TFT Software.
Author

Visual TFT External Resources to AT45DB SPI Serial Flash

#1 Post by giufini » 19 Aug 2012 17:46

Hello to all friends of the MikroElektronika community!

I have just published on Libstock an example project that shows how to write the External Resources file generated by Visual TFT (that is usually stored on a MMC card) to an Atmel AT45DBxx SPI Serial Flash memory.
Link to Libstock page: http://www.libstock.com/projects/view/4 ... ash-memory

At the moment, only AT45DB16 (2 MBytes) and AT45DB32 (4 MBytes) memory devices are supported since they have a page size of 512 bytes which is just equal to MMC sector size.
Anyway, the size of these memories is big enough to store many Visual TFT resources.
Link to Atmel Serial Flash memories: http://www.atmel.com/products/memories/ ... flash.aspx

Using an AT45DBxx Serial Flash memory to store the External Resources data, you are free to use the microSD card as you like!

In conjuction with this project I made two new custom Hardware Patterns for Visual TFT.
Both of them are ready to use a "TFT Proto Board" with an "EasyPIC v7" equipped with a "PIC18F46K22", but:

- the first pattern (named "EasyPIC7_MMC") reads External Resources from an MMC (tipically a microSD card);
- the second pattern (named "EasyPIC7_AT45DB") reads External Resources from an "Atmel AT45DBxx Serial Flash" memory device.

I have attached my updated Boards.xml file in a zip archive. It contains the two new Hardware Patterns for Visual TFT.

I hope this will be useful to many MikroE users!
Attachments
Boards.zip
(13.78 KiB) Downloaded 475 times
Last edited by giufini on 24 Aug 2012 18:38, edited 1 time in total.

janko.kaljevic

Re: Visual TFT External Resources to AT45DB SPI Serial Flash

#2 Post by janko.kaljevic » 20 Aug 2012 10:26

Hello,

Thanks for sharing and your contribution.
This is very nice project and I believe that it will be very useful to many users.

Best regards.

gedo

Re: Visual TFT External Resources to AT45DB SPI Serial Flash

#3 Post by gedo » 13 Nov 2017 17:50

Thanks so mucks. I will save a lot of time. :mrgreen:

Return to “Visual TFT General”