Visual TFT usercode appears twice or even more times

General discussion on Visual TFT Software.
Author

Visual TFT usercode appears twice or even more times

#1 Post by cdunkel » 13 Mar 2011 21:39

I have a strange problem with my VisualTFT.

In the user code section everything I write appears twice or even more times.
I have about 400lines of usercode now. When I delete one of the section and save it it will re-appear.

tihomir.losic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Visual TFT usercode appears twice or even more times

#2 Post by tihomir.losic » 14 Mar 2011 11:06

Hello,

please, open your ticket on:
http://www.mikroe.com/esupport
and send us project from which we will able to reproduce this error.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Losic Tihomir
mikroElektronika [Support team]

MarshallF

#3 Post by MarshallF » 12 Jan 2015 04:28

I am having the same issue, this is also preventing me from adding additional event handlers. Has a solution been found for this problem?

dejan.odabasic
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by dejan.odabasic » 13 Jan 2015 11:26

Hello,

Please provide more details of the problem that you are experiencing.
Also it would help a lot if you could provide us with project which can be used to replicate the issue.

If you wish to send us your project privately please use our support ticket system.
http://www.mikroe.com/esupport

Best regards.

Megahurts

#5 Post by Megahurts » 15 Jan 2015 06:18

Hi guys,

This problem usually is caused by one or more of the V-TFT generated comment lines being modified, or code lines placed between a section ending comment and the next section beginning comment lines.
It can also be caused by using the same words in those section begin-end comments in your own code comment lines.

Basically, anything done to the code that prevents the V-TFT parser from locating every comment marked section it creates the first time code was generated for the project.

There is in one of my previous posts last year details and solution I (we - Marko and aCkO and I) found in one of my projects that caused the same problem. It is a thread topic here in V-TFT General forum.

My beginners tutorial PDF has coverage about the V-TFT generated comments and the safe areas you can place your user code also, please refer to it to make sure you do not violate the boundaries for safe user code placement and listing of example project codes default comments generated.

If you edit your project code in a compiler to remove the repeated code lines, it will stay that way until the project is loaded back into V-TFT and the problem comment line(s) have not been corrected,
then V-TFT will again repeat the code from below the problem causing comment line again.

That shows you where to examine the code and comments to find the problem code line.
You can copy a good comment line from higher (to top of file) location and paste over a suspect comment line. But the comments must be exactly as they were made at start of project creation.

Hope this helps, Robert.
HW: easyPIC5|PICFlash2|easyBT|smartGSM|easyGSM|PICPLC16|mmWorkStation|FT800 Eve|PIC Clicker/2|
MMBs:PIC18F,PIC33EP,PIC32|CLICKs:DAC,ADC,GPS L10,Thermo,8x8B LED,Stepper,W/B OLED,9DOF,GPS3,tRF,Hall I|

SW: mP for PIC|mB for PIC-dsPIC-PIC32|Visual-TFT|

Return to “Visual TFT General”