VisualTFT external resources from serial flash and rom

General discussion on Visual TFT Software.
Author

VisualTFT external resources from serial flash and rom

#1 Post by mynos » 04 Apr 2019 17:20

Hi,

in VisualTFT I created a RES file with many fonts and images.
I can use it internally (stored in rom together the code program) and I can use it from external memory (serial flash).
All works well in both ways (apart from the slowness in loading images from an external memory).

Is it possible to use more RES files? one (little) stored internally in rom and one (bigger) stored externally in serial flash?
Because I would like to store in rom the fonts and images more little that compose the main interface (so they can be loaded fastly without seeing the ugly slow loading) and store in serial flash the bigger images (loaded few times only in some events).
Can VisualTFT manage more RES files?

If VisualTFT can't use 2 RES files, is there another way to store/load images from different sources? for example use VTFT RES file from internal rom and singles BMP images stored in serial flash?
In this case, how can I store and read single images from serial flash?

Thanks for help

stefan.filipovic
mikroElektronika team

Re: VisualTFT external resources from serial flash and rom

#2 Post by stefan.filipovic » 10 Apr 2019 09:16

Hi,

Unfortunately, the VisualTFT can generate one RES file at the moment only.
I believe that you can generate the first RES file, save it to the safe place and generate the second RES file and modify your code (driver.c file) to use two RES files at the same time.
But I think it would be hard to control it because each time you modify graphics or VTFT Setting, the VisualTFT will generate the new VTFT code and your external modification will be remodified so you will need to modify it manually again.
So I do not recommend this way.

Kind regards,
Stefan Filipović

Return to “Visual TFT General”