Packed image array

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroPascal for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24.
Author

Packed image array

#1 Post by LGR » 13 Oct 2006 16:16

I will be creating GLCD procedures (and making them available) to fill the the entire GLCD with a const array similar to the current GLCD_image. The difference is that GLCD_Image works from an array of type byte, which in MP uses an entire 16-bit word. The version that I will produce will pack two bytes in a word, so that the arguement will be an array [512] of word, which takes 512 words, instead of an array [1024] of byte, which takes 1024 words.

What I would like is the GLCD BMP editor tool to be modified so that there's a packed word option which will combine adjacent pairs of bytes into 16-bit words. It would also be wise to make this option available for other resolutions so that in the future, the T6963c and other GLCDs could be filled with packed arrays like this.

BTW - considering the MIPS of the dsPIC and PIC 24 MCUs, I don't think it's unfeasible to, in the long term, actually create a true type byte (type 'byte packed', maybe?), where the compiled code packs and unpacks the individual bytes transparently to the programmer.
If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything.

Return to “mikroPascal for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24 Wish List”