book for pic24

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroPascal for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24.
Author

book for pic24

#1 Post by tahmid » 05 Sep 2009 10:47

Hi all,
I used mikroBASIC 7.2 and I used it for a long time and really liked it and decided to collect the new one PRO v2.5.
Now I am facing a problem. I want to use the PIC24 having checked out the datasheet. But I am finding it difficult to understand it.
It would be very helpful if mikroElektronika had a book, but they only have the books for dsPIC and pic16 and 18. So, I am finding it difficult to go ahead with pic24.

anikolic
mikroElektronika team

#2 Post by anikolic » 07 Sep 2009 14:56

Hi,
We have this in mind, but for the time being, we are crowded with books waiting to be published. Maybe in the future. For now, you can find good reference in the book we suggested under our Books section http://www.mikroe.com/en/books/, which elaborates the usage of PIC24 microcontrollers. Direct link to it is: http://flyingpic24.com/.

Try finding some reference on the internet, and read the datasheets, and I'm sure you'll soon master the advantages of PIC24 family microcontrollers.

In case you, for some reason, can't get around PIC24, I suggest you to also consider using 16-bit dsPICs, for which we do have proper literature.

Best regards,
Aleksandar
Web Department Manager

tahmid

#3 Post by tahmid » 20 Sep 2009 16:35

Hi aleksander,
Thanks for your reply and advice. I collected that book and through that and the datasheet and reference manual, I think I have mostly learnt PIC24. I also read the dsPIC30 book by mikroElektronika and found that most registers and things match closely to those of the PIC24.
I have learnt most of the modules and peripherals of PIC24 and I made lots of programs with PIC24. I found the mikroBasic libraries very useful. I thank mikroElektronika for providing excellent service to the microcontroller lovers. Now I am starting to learn dsPIC which I hope to use extensively. I wanted to learn dsPIC33 after having seen the datasheet. Are the dsPIC30 and dsPIC33 similar so that I can learn from the mikroElektronika book? For using the SMPS dsPICs, which development board of mikroElektronika should I procure?
Thank you aleksander and mikroElektronika.

anikolic
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by anikolic » 22 Sep 2009 10:55

Hi,
You can explore difference between dsPIC30 and dsPIC33 family by reading this short datasheet: http://www.microchip.com/stellent/group ... 025672.pdf. Major differences are concerning integrated hardware modules.
1. The instruction set on the dsPIC33F and dsPIC30F devices is 100% identical.
2. In general, Assembly and C language code developed for the dsPIC30F devices is directly portable to dsPIC33F devices with some header files adjustments.
3. dsPIC33F devices support more interrupt sources, therefore the interrupt vector table length has increased.

As for SMPS, we are sorry to inform you that currently we do not have appropriate development board which supports this type of microcontrollers, but it is in our plans to expand our arsenal of boards to this one also. Expect this to happen in the near future.

Best regards,
Aleksandar
Web Department Manager

Return to “mikroPascal for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24 Wish List”