Installed package does not show in the lib mgr [explained]

Beta Testing discussion on Package Manager Software.
Author

Installed package does not show in the lib mgr [explained]

#1 Post by Dany » 27 Jun 2013 19:10

Hi,
I tried to install the package CRTOS_P24 (see http://www.libstock.com/projects/view/7 ... ikropascal) with the package manager, and it did not succeed: the library CRTOS is not shown in the library manager of the IDE. I use mP for dsPic/PIC24 v6.00.

As far as I can see all went right during installation, see file (extractions) below.

I must say: there is something special about this library: I had to put 4 include files, that in fact should be placed in "other library files" in the examples directory, but I do not think that is a problem: Copying the .inc files to the "uses" directory has no effect.

Thanks in advance! :D :D

This is the log file from the package manager:
Installation of package "CRTOS_PIC24"

Copying libraries ...
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Mikroelektronika\mikroPascal PRO for dsPIC\Packages\CRTOS_PIC24\Uses\CRTOS.mpas

Total: 1 files copied.

Copying help files ...
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Mikroelektronika\mikroPascal PRO for dsPIC\Packages\CRTOS_PIC24\Help\CRTOS.pdf

Total: 1 files copied.
Copying examples files...
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Mikroelektronika\mikroPascal PRO for dsPIC\Packages\CRTOS_PIC24\Examples\CRTOS_Disable_OS_Timer_IE.inc
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Mikroelektronika\mikroPascal PRO for dsPIC\Packages\CRTOS_PIC24\Examples\CRTOS_Get_Return_Address.inc
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Mikroelektronika\mikroPascal PRO for dsPIC\Packages\CRTOS_PIC24\Examples\CRTOS_Restore_OS_Timer_IE.inc
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Mikroelektronika\mikroPascal PRO for dsPIC\Packages\CRTOS_PIC24\Examples\CRTOS_Select_and_Run_Task.inc
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Mikroelektronika\mikroPascal PRO for dsPIC\Packages\CRTOS_PIC24\Examples\readme.txt
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Mikroelektronika\mikroPascal PRO for dsPIC\Packages\CRTOS_PIC24\Examples\Test_CRTOS_MMB.cfg
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Mikroelektronika\mikroPascal PRO for dsPIC\Packages\CRTOS_PIC24\Examples\Test_CRTOS_MMB.cof
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Mikroelektronika\mikroPascal PRO for dsPIC\Packages\CRTOS_PIC24\Examples\Test_CRTOS_MMB.mppds
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Mikroelektronika\mikroPascal PRO for dsPIC\Packages\CRTOS_PIC24\Examples\USBdsc.asm
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Mikroelektronika\mikroPascal PRO for dsPIC\Packages\CRTOS_PIC24\Examples\USBdsc.mcl
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Mikroelektronika\mikroPascal PRO for dsPIC\Packages\CRTOS_PIC24\Examples\USBdsc.mpas
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Mikroelektronika\mikroPascal PRO for dsPIC\Packages\CRTOS_PIC24\Examples\Test_CRTOS_MMB.mpas

Total: 12 files copied.

Updating MLK files...

P24FJ64GA002.mlk

MLKs update successfull.

Total: 1 MLKs updated.

Finished successfully.

Date/Time: 27-6-2013 19:52:31
This is the content of "packages.ini" in directory "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Mikroelektronika\mikroPascal PRO for dsPIC\Packages":
[PackageCount]
Value=1
[Packages]
Package1=CRTOS_PIC24
In the same directory I can find the subdirs "examples", "help" and "uses" with the correct content.

This is the extraction of the file "P24FJGA002.mlk" file:
<LIB>
<ALIAS>CRTOS</ALIAS>
<FILE>CRTOS</FILE>
<TYPE>USER_LIB</TYPE>
<PACKAGE_NAME>CRTOS_PIC24</PACKAGE_NAME>
<HELP>
<CNT>1</CNT>
<FILENAME0>CRTOS.pdf</FILENAME0>
</HELP>
</LIB>
Last edited by Dany on 16 Aug 2014 15:57, edited 1 time in total.
Kind regards, Dany.
Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in... (L. Cohen)
Remember when we were young? We shone like the sun. (David Gilmour)

srdjan
mikroElektronika team

Re: Installed package does not show in the library manager

#2 Post by srdjan » 28 Jun 2013 15:18

Hi,
compiler IDE is kind of mcl oriented, so you need to have main library .mcl file present in package uses folder to detect the library.

Dany

#3 Post by Dany » 01 Jul 2013 15:04

Thanks, that indeed solved the problem.

Why did the package manager not complain?
Kind regards, Dany.
Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in... (L. Cohen)

srdjan
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by srdjan » 02 Jul 2013 08:50

Hi,
Dany wrote:Thanks, that indeed solved the problem.

Well it's a two way street :D

While we were making packages it was easier for us to just put source files there,
install package, do a few tricks to recompile it and then put .mcl file back to package.
That way you do not have to "pre-create" .mcl file when making a package.
So, we did not forbid this feature.

I think that better solution is to leave it like this in PM and
to change the way compiler treats libraries to make it easier to recompile library files without .mcl's present.

However, this compiler change will not be done very soon :)
Bottom line, don't know if the other users are used to using it like we did but
maybe it would be better make .mcl file mandatory under 'Main Library' node for now?

Dany

#5 Post by Dany » 02 Jul 2013 10:00

srdjan wrote:Hi,
Dany wrote:Thanks, that indeed solved the problem.

Well it's a two way street :D

While we were making packages it was easier for us to just put source files there,
install package, do a few tricks to recompile it and then put .mcl file back to package.
That way you do not have to "pre-create" .mcl file when making a package.
So, we did not forbid this feature.

I think that better solution is to leave it like this in PM and
to change the way compiler treats libraries to make it easier to recompile library files without .mcl's present.

However, this compiler change will not be done very soon :)
Bottom line, don't know if the other users are used to using it like we did but
maybe it would be better make .mcl file mandatory under 'Main Library' node for now?
Hi Srdjan, thanks!
I see the problem. I think there is no hurry to do a change I think...
Kind regards, Dany.

Return to “Package Manager Beta Testing”