More remarks on v1.5

Beta Testing discussion on Package Manager Software.
Author

More remarks on v1.5

#1 Post by Dany » 13 Nov 2010 20:33

Hi, I have some more remarks about the Package Manager v1.5:

* with "Display only selected" on, sometimes the same PIC type is shown more than once:

* I do miss the "Add files" and "Add folder" incons to add files to the libraries.

* "Refresh List" overrules the "Display only selected" setting: the complete list is displayed again.

* Right after an existing package has been opened in the manager checking "Display only selected" does not work (the whole list stays visible).

* Right after uninstalling a package in the library manager all libs in it seem to be unchecked, resulting in linking errors if compiling. But: after a lib manager "refresh", the library checks are back.

* When closing the package manger without saving a changed package first, it keeps on asking "Do you want to save...", even after answering "yes" several times...

Thanks in advance to have a look!

I have still some questions though:

* what could be the benefit of also adding the source file (besides the .mcl one) of a lib to the package?

* what should be the content of the helpfiles to have the same type of help as with the standard mE libraries?

* Why does "uninstall package" in the library manager takes so much time, while installing a package is instantly (at least with only one PIC type selected)?

Thanks in advance.

Keep up the good work! :D :D
Kind regards, Dany.
Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in... (L. Cohen)
Remember when we were young? We shone like the sun. (David Gilmour)

zristic
mikroElektronika team

Re: More remarks on v1.5

#2 Post by zristic » 15 Nov 2010 09:41

Thanks for the tips. Here are some answers:
Dany wrote: * what could be the benefit of also adding the source file (besides the .mcl one) of a lib to the package?
If you want to share the sources with other users, then you put them together with .MCL files.
* what should be the content of the helpfiles to have the same type of help as with the standard mE libraries?
You have to make a .CHM file and to index each function. When user presses F1 in mikroIDE it will try to open the .CHM at topic/index specified by current token (under cursor).
* Why does "uninstall package" in the library manager takes so much time, while installing a package is instantly (at least with only one PIC type selected)?
Deleting nodes from an XML file takes longer than inserting one. This is how DOM3 parser works (the one we currently use).

Dany

Re: More remarks on v1.5

#3 Post by Dany » 15 Nov 2010 16:51

Hi Zoran, thanks a lot for your answers. This is a very nice and usefull tool! :D :D
Kind regards, Dany.
Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in... (L. Cohen)

Stismaseretry

More remarks on v1 5

#4 Post by Stismaseretry » 22 Jul 2011 21:49

Hi,

Please stop updating dep files each time you build a new version of a package. A lot of useful manual tunning can be lost this way. dep files should ONLY be updated when youre sure that new dependencies have to be added, and after checking for possible manual tunings in the existing depfile.

For exaple I just added boost, lv2core and soundtouch to the ardour depfile, and I dont want this improvement to be erased when a new version of the package is released.

No more lnks to depfiles in this thread please

Thanks

JP

Dany

Re: More remarks on v1 5

#5 Post by Dany » 25 Jul 2011 12:02

Stismaseretry wrote:Hi,

Please stop updating dep files each time you build a new version of a package. A lot of useful manual tunning can be lost this way. dep files should ONLY be updated when youre sure that new dependencies have to be added, and after checking for possible manual tunings in the existing depfile.

For exaple I just added boost, lv2core and soundtouch to the ardour depfile, and I dont want this improvement to be erased when a new version of the package is released.

No more lnks to depfiles in this thread please

Thanks

JP
Hi, probably I missed something:
- what are "dep" files? "dependancy" files? I have never seen them before?
- where can I find them?
- are/can they (be) generated by the package manager? I use v2.0 bèta. Is this the latest version?

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards, Dany.

Return to “Package Manager Beta Testing”