Package Manager 3.0 issue

General discussion on Package Manager Software.
Author

Package Manager 3.0 issue

#1 Post by gbtjom » 08 Nov 2012 22:52

Hello

I can't seem to get PMv3 to put the appropriate files in the "uses" folder.

I'm trying to get the Network WiFi Library (and the Ethernet one as well) added to my Basic for dsPIC Library Manager. I've never used is PM before so maybe there is something I'm not doing right. I open the package (.mpkg) and follow the directions in the PM help file. I get this log:
********** mikroElektronika Package Manager *********
Date and time: 11/8/2012 1:08:35 PM

Package Name: Network_WiFi_dsPIC
Author: Mikroelektronika Team
Contact email:
Web page: http://www.mikroe.com
Package description: The WiFi library simplifies usage of the MCW1001A TCP/IP Socket Communications Interface chip through plenty of library routines.

The MCW1001A is a companion chip to the MRF24WB0 802.11 module. It provides simple socket based method of sending and receiving data from the MRF24WB0 802.11 module.

The MCW1001A has an on-board TCP/IP stack and 802.11 connection manager to simplify the connection between a wireless network and the TCP/IP stack management.

The MCW1001A can access the MRF24WB0 802.11 module to connect to a network and send/receive serial data over a simple UART interface.
Compiler: mikroBasic PRO for dsPIC

Definition files:
---------------------------

Library details:
Alias: Network Wireless Library
File name: __Lib_Net_Wireless_MCW1001
Lib dependency:
UART
Library files:
__Lib_Net_Wireless_MCW1001.mcl
But nothing shows up in the "uses" folder in the Mikro BasicPro for dsPIC folder. What am I doing wrong?

ADDED: one other thing I noticed. The "Package Manager" is still greyed out on the Tools menu in the ICD. Is this normal even after I installed PM?

Thanks

jom

janni

Re: Package Manager 3.0 issue

#2 Post by janni » 09 Nov 2012 03:40

gbtjom wrote:But nothing shows up in the "uses" folder in the Mikro BasicPro for dsPIC folder. What am I doing wrong?
Probably nothing. PM places libraries in the Packages folder of compiler's installation directory, not in the Uses one.

gbtjom

#3 Post by gbtjom » 09 Nov 2012 06:25

janni wrote:
gbtjom wrote:But nothing shows up in the "uses" folder in the Mikro BasicPro for dsPIC folder. What am I doing wrong?
Probably nothing. PM places libraries in the Packages folder of compiler's installation directory, not in the Uses one.
Well, first of all the "uses" folder IS in the installation directory. However, whatever files PM was supposed to deliver they aren't in the level above the "uses" folder either.
Another words the files aren't in either of these:
F:\Program Files\Mikroelektronika\mikroBasic PRO for dsPIC
nor
F:\Program Files\Mikroelektronika\mikroBasic PRO for dsPIC\uses
Whatever the case, I still don't see the library listed in the Library Window in the IDE. It would if PM did whatever it is suppose to do.

jom

janko.kaljevic

#4 Post by janko.kaljevic » 09 Nov 2012 09:16

Hello,

As janni mentioned, Package Manager will install all files into:
Installation Folder\Packages

If the package was installed successfully, here you will find uses, examples and help folder for installed library.

If the Package manager application is installed on your system, you should be able to start it from compiler IDE.
Please if you can, try to reinstall Package Manager on your computer, and test this again.

Best regards.

gbtjom

#5 Post by gbtjom » 09 Nov 2012 22:59

I reinstalled PM (after clean uninstall) and just like I mentioned in the first post in the compiler IDE Tools menu "Package Manager" is grayed out. Another words you cannot run it from the IDE.

BTW, I did not place PM in the "default" location the installer asked. I put it in the same Mikroelectronika folder as I did the compiler and the Prog Suite however.

jom

Return to “Package Manager General”