General Bug Reports

Beta Testing discussion on Visual GLCD Software.
Author

General Bug Reports

#1 Post by pp_314156 » 21 Apr 2011 01:48

I tried testing your Visual GLCD software 1.80 and found it to be full of bugs. How about a topic of just bugs so that your developers can add them to the queue?

Here are a few to get you started.

1) If you go from GLCD to the compiler and save one of the files as a backup copy, or for that matter add any .c file to the directory that has the _main.c _events.c etc., the application will crash with an out of bounds error. It appears that it tries to read in all the .c files or their names and only expects the quantity it generated to be present. Adding a sub directory is ok.

2) If you highlight an object (a button for example) and scroll down, the red box is mis aligned.

3) The misalignment makes it impossible to drag objects to the top or bottom of the screen.

4) There seem to be some memory overwrite issues that cause the grid representing the pixels to be corrupted. The only way around it is to reload the project. I notice that changing the max length parameter from its default of zero seems to help, but not always. It may have just been a coincidence.

5) A screen full of labels that touch each others, such as laying out 7 labels for 7 lines of help text results in the code for the click events not being called.

6) A square button can go to the top of the screen while a text button requires a 3 pixel border. If you drag them to the bottom of the screen, usually the square button can be dragged partially off the screen a little further than a text button. None of the objects should be dragged off the screen. It also forces the user to reset the coordinates in the dialog box so that the objects can be dragged with the mouse again.

7) The 3x5 fonts cause corruption of the design screen. Only a few of the letters display. For example, "Your text Here" might become just "Y". Changing the font back to 5x7 restores the text.

... hope this helps ...

tihomir.losic
mikroElektronika team

Re: General Bug Reports

#2 Post by tihomir.losic » 21 Apr 2011 14:27

Hello,
pp_314156 wrote:1) If you go from GLCD to the compiler and save one of the files as a backup copy, or for that matter add any .c file to the directory that has the _main.c _events.c etc., the application will crash with an out of bounds error. It appears that it tries to read in all the .c files or their names and only expects the quantity it generated to be present. Adding a sub directory is ok.
I didn't reproduce this report. Can you send me some screen-shot or something else in order to reproduce this issue?
Thanks.
pp_314156 wrote:2) If you highlight an object (a button for example) and scroll down, the red box is mis aligned.
3) The misalignment makes it impossible to drag objects to the top or bottom of the screen.
5) A screen full of labels that touch each others, such as laying out 7 labels for 7 lines of help text results in the code for the click events not being called.
6) A square button can go to the top of the screen while a text button requires a 3 pixel border. If you drag them to the bottom of the screen, usually the square button can be dragged partially off the screen a little further than a text button. None of the objects should be dragged off the screen. It also forces the user to reset the coordinates in the dialog box so that the objects can be dragged with the mouse again.
7) The 3x5 fonts cause corruption of the design screen. Only a few of the letters display. For example, "Your text Here" might become just "Y". Changing the font back to 5x7 restores the text.
Reproduced, and reported to our developers. They will try to fix it for next release.
pp_314156 wrote:4) There seem to be some memory overwrite issues that cause the grid representing the pixels to be corrupted. The only way around it is to reload the project. I notice that changing the max length parameter from its default of zero seems to help, but not always. It may have just been a coincidence.
can you clarify your question, because I didn't understand it correctly ?

Best regards,

Losic Tihomir
mikroElektronika [Support team]

pp_314156

#3 Post by pp_314156 » 22 Apr 2011 16:40

VGLCD_bug.jpg
VGLCD_bug.jpg (53.88 KiB) Viewed 10624 times
If you decide for any reason to create a backup copy of your code and it is saved in the same directory with the rest of the generated code, you will generate an index out of bounds error and Visual GLCD will fail upon loading the project.

This is a demo project that came with the CD ROM distributed with the LV24-33 v6 board.

tihomir.losic
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by tihomir.losic » 26 Apr 2011 11:57

yes, I reproduced that.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Losic Tihomir
mikroElektronika [Support team]

castingflame

#5 Post by castingflame » 21 Mar 2012 14:32

This is not a bug. The 3x5 font only supports capital letters.

Return to “Visual GLCD Beta Testing”