3D Motion click (was) released (thanks MaGiK)

Here you can find latest news on mikroElektronika products.
Author
srdjan.misic
mikroElektronika team

3D Motion click (was) released (thanks MaGiK)

#1 Post by srdjan.misic » 05 Aug 2015 21:06

3D Motion click released - a powerful 9-axis sensor fusion hub

Here’s a click board that has spatial awareness of a professional ballet dancer, a stage
magician, or a tai chi master. [3D Motion click][1] hosts the new MM7150 9-axis sensor
fusion module from Microchip.

This module combines a gyroscope, accelerometer, and magnetometer together with a motion
coprocessor
. The coprocessor has sensor fusion algorithms that filter, compensate and
combine the data from each sensor. The resulting output accurately and reliably quantifies
motion through 3D space.

You can also access raw data from individual sensors (the module incorporates a Bosch
BMC150 accelerometer
and a Bosch BMG160 gyroscope).

However, the motion coprocessor fixes the potential drawbacks of each individual sensor —
the algorithms supress magnetic distortion, cancel gyroscope drift, all the while
performing background calibration.

What you get in the end is a way to easily design and develop devices that require motion
or positioning data. Robotic hands and wii-style remote controllers come to mind, but also
wearable sports gadgets (quantify that perfect forehand, dance move, or karate kata).

More details on the product page. Libstock examples are also ready.

Yours sincerely,
MikroElektronika

MaGiK

Re: 3D Motion click (was) released (thanks MaGiK)

#2 Post by MaGiK » 06 Aug 2015 15:38

Thank you so much for making the announcement Srdjan :D

I have two questions about this click:
1- Is there really a second layer of PCB on top of the first layer for this Click? Or Am I seeing things?!? :shock:

2- In the video, five functions out of eight are shown, what are the other three functions?

This is irrelevant, but did you find out the name of the music in the video linked below?
https://vimeo.com/79494958

Thanks for adding the cool words enclosed by braces in the title of your post :D
I'm referring to (was) :mrgreen:
Best Regards
My hobby is collecting MikroElektronika products.
Gotta catch them all!

computali

#3 Post by computali » 09 Oct 2015 15:22

It is needed to micro C Pro for pic example for this product. It is too difficult to solve the existing exmple file. If someone help me about it, i will be happy. thanks in advance.

aleksa.jovanovic

#4 Post by aleksa.jovanovic » 12 Oct 2015 15:39

Hi,

We will put out the example for the PIC in the future.
Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
Aleksa

bycharly

#5 Post by bycharly » 04 Sep 2016 01:07

Hi All!
I purchased this module this week, and I am trying to interface it with PIC18F26K22 (64 Kb flash, 3 kb ram).
I found two "working" examples, but oriented to PIC24. One is from Microchip, and the other from MikroE (based on Microchips example).
Both are big big codes. I tried to make it shorter and simpler, but the code is still very big, it needs more memory than my PIC have.
Please make me know if you success simplyfing the code!!! If I am lucky in the process, I will share code with you.
Thanks a lot!
Charly

checker

#6 Post by checker » 04 Sep 2016 07:45

aleksa.jovanovic wrote:Hi,

We will put out the example for the PIC in the future.
Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
Aleksa

Yep, we've heard that before... Same story different day and another year. This is why I have no faith in mE and am now moving on, I will use up what I have left, but I wish I had a magic ball a few years ago to see I was wasting my hard earned money on unsupported products.

biljana.nedeljkovic
mikroElektronika team

#7 Post by biljana.nedeljkovic » 05 Sep 2016 13:31

Hello,

@bycharly, can you contact us on the Helpdesk and we will try to help you understand the example code we have provided?
Unfortunately, we do not have official example code for PIC18 to share at the moment.
If you struggle with the code our technical support can help you:
http://helpdesk.mikroe.com/

@checker, I feel very sorry you have lost your faith.
Our team is working on improving the products. We are aware we have been neglecting some aspects but we are now fully prepared to get back on the track!
Can you tell me how can I help you?
Do you have some issue you want to discuss?

Kind regards,
Biljana

checker

#8 Post by checker » 05 Sep 2016 19:39

@biljana, actually I have been wanting and waiting for fingerprint click since it came out, as there are STILL no examples or real documentation on it I cannot/will not purchase it, and that is not the only click that has had issues since they were introduced. Seems the mE team is good at one thing, produce click modules with little to no examples and/or documentation and ignore mB and mP when they do.

I would also like to see a REAL update for the compilers fixing all the reported problems like the USART terminal, the ptemplate macros not working, would like to declare local variables like:

Code: Select all

for (int i = 0, i  < n, ++i)
etc...

biljana.nedeljkovic
mikroElektronika team

#9 Post by biljana.nedeljkovic » 06 Sep 2016 13:19

Hello,

We will get back on the track with Pascal and Basic examples.
As for the Fingerprint click, this was postponed due to the app development.
I will check it, I have some example code, I can send it to you if it can be helpful in some matter.
checker wrote: I would also like to see a REAL update for the compilers fixing all the reported problems like the USART terminal, the ptemplate macros not working, would like to declare local variables like:

Code: Select all

for (int i = 0, i  < n, ++i)
etc...
Do you use mikroC PRO for PIC? After the update for the dsPIC compilers, which is expected by the end of Q3 2016, next one is for PIC.
The issue with macros is reported so it will be sorted.
Can you tell me what is the exact problem with USART terminal?

As for the declaring variables the way you suggested, unfortunately our compilers use ANSI-C standard so inline declarations cannot be used.

Kind regards,
Biljana

checker

#10 Post by checker » 06 Sep 2016 19:05

I don't want to waste money on fingerprint click until examples come out first.

I do currently use c pro for pic and pic 32 personally, but before that I was using basic for another company which is why I am glad I made the switch and upset there are never examples.

Terminal crashes if nothing is connected to COM port or if I forget to disconnect before cutting power to easypic 7 and mikromedia workStation v7, it does not have a problem if I hit the reset button so I stopped using it all together.

Variable declaration is not all that important but would be nice, there are so many more problems I have seen in the forums but I cannot remember which threads, all they get is the standard reply of will be fixed in later release. Maybe a thread of unresolved bugs should be made so they can be focused on first instead of making an update that only includes adding vtft, don't get me wrong I like that idea because I also have licensed version of vtft.
I really didn't want to move on with all I have invested but outside of future planned licensing scheme I am running out of reasons to stick around.

ilferrari

#11 Post by ilferrari » 06 Sep 2016 20:11

biljana.nedeljkovic wrote:As for the declaring variables the way you suggested, unfortunately our compilers use ANSI-C standard so inline declarations cannot be used.
Pity, you have to use all kinds of tedious syntax like "void foo(unsigned long long i, unsigned long long j)" instead of "void foo(ulong i, j)"

bycharly

#12 Post by bycharly » 06 Sep 2016 20:51

@Biljana, thanks for your answer. I will contact Helpdesk for support. Meanwhile I'll continue trying to reduce the code.
biljana.nedeljkovic wrote:Hello, @bycharly, can you contact us on the Helpdesk and we will try to help you understand the example code we have provided?
Unfortunately, we do not have official example code for PIC18 to share at the moment.
If you struggle with the code our technical support can help you:
http://helpdesk.mikroe.com/

biljana.nedeljkovic
mikroElektronika team

#13 Post by biljana.nedeljkovic » 07 Sep 2016 07:48

Hi,

@checker, there is a plan to have a similar type of a thread.

The update will include the merge of compiler and VTFT, but it will also resolve many reported bugs.

If there is an enhancement you have in mind or some additional way to improve our compilers, you can submit it here.

Kind regards,
Biljana

thomasmuller69

#14 Post by thomasmuller69 » 16 May 2022 11:07

Dear By Charly,

Are you able to use the 3D motion Click with pic18F ?
Do you have a sample and reduce code to read data from the 3DMotion axis?

I want to use it on an application but the code is too complex to adapt for pic18F... but if you have, I'll take it with pleasure !

Thanks and have a nice day.

Thomas

Return to “Product Announcements”