4x4 Key click released

Here you can find latest news on mikroElektronika products.
Author
srdjan.misic
mikroElektronika team

4x4 Key click released

#1 Post by srdjan.misic » 24 Jul 2015 19:33

4x4 Key click released

If you like popping bubble wrap you’ll have a great time with the densely packed 16 buttons on 4x4 Key click.

4x4 Key click carries a keypad that can register multiple inputs at the same time. In fact,
you can press all 16 buttons simultaneously and all of them will be registered.

It does so because a pair of serially connected 8-bit shift registers read all the inputs.
They gulp up whole bytes — the button configuration of the entire keypad — and then spit out
single bits through mikroBUS™ SPI pins.

That’s how the machine (MCU) reads the buttons. To make it understandable for you, the
human, we added silkscreen markings of a standard DTMF keypad. These are the ones
you’re used to seeing on phone dialers, with an addition of A-D letters in the right-most column.

Those inclined will also enjoy the soothing, calming sensation of just randomly clicking these buttons. Why not?

When you’re done with that, insert the board into the mikroBUS™ socket and load up the Libstock example.

For more details, visit the product page.

Yours sincerely,
MikroElektronika

microcontrollerslab

Re: 4x4 Key click released

#2 Post by microcontrollerslab » 24 Jul 2015 22:14

I will be ordering this soon for my project :)
I love to read technical articles from Microcontrollers Lab. Because they provide electrical project ideas for final year students and microcontroller base projects ideas computer engineering students and pic microcontroller tutorials

MaGiK

Re: 4x4 Key click released

#3 Post by MaGiK » 25 Jul 2015 08:34

Hello there :D
srdjan.misic wrote:4x4 Key click carries a keypad that can register multiple inputs at the same time. In fact, you can press all 16 buttons simultaneously and all of them will be registered.
This ... is ... magic! :shock:

Could I ask for a very wanted favour?
Please, for future Click boards, stop using the zero-ohm SMD jumpers. Please replace them with yellow jumpers that we can move just by picking it up and putting it in the other way :D

My soldering skills are awful, and changing the settings of the Click would be a lot easier for everyone :D
I'm more than willing to pay extra for those yellow jumpers if there was an option for whether we want the Click boards with SMD jumpers or yellow jumpers :wink:

Best Regards
My hobby is collecting MikroElektronika products.
Gotta catch them all!

Return to “Product Announcements”