RTC4 click released

Here you can find latest news on mikroElektronika products.
Author
srdjan.misic
mikroElektronika team

RTC4 click released

#1 Post by srdjan.misic » 23 Jul 2015 21:51

RTC4 click released

What’s immediately obvious about RTC4 click is the coin cell 1F supercapacitor that
will enable the click to keep time for years on end.

Under the supercapacitor is the DS2417 IC, a real time clock/calendar from Maxim.
What’s different about it compared to preceding RTC clicks, is that this one communicates
with the target MCU through a 1-Wire interface; but it also has a programmable
interrupt
for system wakeup on a separate pin.

Since it’s a 1-Wire device, it has a factory lasered and tested 64-bit registration
number, allowing it to function within a MicroLAN network (a network of 1-Wire devices
that are all associated with a master device).

Why four real time clock clicks, you might ask?

Maybe it's not shiny new tech, but RTC chips are silent workhorses that, by keeping time,
make a lot of other things possible. Once you incorporate one in your design, it'll blend
in and do its work for a long time. It’s important to give you the option to choose
exactly the one you need for your project.

So to see if this is the one, check out the details on the product page, and you can
get the example code on Libstock. Also, here’s a closer look at the board: https://vimeo.com/134302492

Yours sincerely,
MikroElektronika

MaGiK

Re: RTC4 click released

#2 Post by MaGiK » 24 Jul 2015 07:08

Thank you so much for returning to the forum Srdjan. It's very appreciated :D

I'm a bit surprised that you released a fourth Click board for RTC function, but hey it's a must have to play with and compare with my previous ones :mrgreen:

May I ask for two favours though?
Please don't use the same music over and over and over for all of your videos, change the music please :D
And please, what is the name of the music used with this video, it's so catchy! :D
https://vimeo.com/79494958

Keep up the amazing work guys :D
Best Regards
My hobby is collecting MikroElektronika products.
Gotta catch them all!

srdjan.misic
mikroElektronika team

#3 Post by srdjan.misic » 24 Jul 2015 19:24

Hi MaGik. We wanted to release this RTC as it uses 1-Wire, different to previous RTC clicks, just as I wrote above, we're going for breadth and depth. That said, rest assured, there won't be a RTC5 anytime soon (although eventually, maybe, probably... who knows? :))

Yeah the music, well, we'll see what we can do. You know we cant use just any song we like because of rights and so on.

But anyways, you notice that we now release videos for every clip, and they look nicer than before also, just play it in HD and see the difference? What do you think? I mean not about the image quality alone, but of those clips altogether? Anything you think we should add to these?

As for the name of the song... don't know, will have to check with the guy who makes these.

MaGiK

#4 Post by MaGiK » 25 Jul 2015 08:19

Hello Srdjan :D
srdjan.misic wrote:rest assured, there won't be a RTC5 anytime soon (although eventually, maybe, probably... who knows? )
I don't mind a fifth RTC Click. MikroElektronika's Click boards are always welcome to my collection and my heart :D
srdjan.misic wrote:You know we cant use just any song we like because of rights and so on.
Of course I know that, but I thought you guys have already paid for all the music that you put in your videos :mrgreen:
srdjan.misic wrote:you notice that we now release videos for every clip, and they look nicer than before also, just play it in HD and see the difference? What do you think? I mean not about the image quality alone, but of those clips altogether? Anything you think we should add to these?
It's a very good thing that we get to see a video for each Click board! :D
The videos are indeed getting better and better, specially when the Click boards takes a spin in the beginning of the video :lol:
Having said that, I believe your first videos are great as well, mainly because they sometimes show you guys (Aleksandar, Marko, Dusan, and even Nebojsa for example).
That's why I like The FingerPrint Click video, and both videos of the SpeakUP Click :D

By the way, something is fishy with the video of the newly released 4x4 key Click, the video shows the Click on a development board, but the examples are written for a different development board :wink:

As for addition to these videos, I cannot think of something at the moment because these videos are great, but I'll let you know if I thought of something :D
srdjan.misic wrote:will have to check with the guy who makes these.
That would be very nice of you Srdjan. I really appreciate it :D

Best Regards
My hobby is collecting MikroElektronika products.
Gotta catch them all!

Return to “Product Announcements”