OLEC_C on Arduino Shield

Here you can find latest news on mikroElektronika products.
Author

OLEC_C on Arduino Shield

#1 Post by neilman » 29 Apr 2015 01:04

I seem to be a sucker for Mikro's new toys having purchased an OLED_C click board some time ago but was disappointed with the only example code at the time (for STM). I have MikroBasic compilers for PIC and AVR and have no intention of using STM.

Looked on the 'net but no one seems to have made the SEPS114A chipset work on Arduino - only PIC and in a funny language (ok Greek)

I never really got to grips with PIC so, when Arduino became popular, I tried playing with that platform. I do seem to be getting further with Arduino that I was getting with PIC even though I've never learned C properly.

Then along comes the Mikro Arduino UNO shield adapter - wonderful I think, and promptly buy a couple.

Again disappointed there's no real support for it but determined to get the OLED_C click board dusted off and lighting-up I had another look at the examples and to my delight found there was now a bit more support for other processors with it.

Oh dear -the AVR is for a chip I don't have - Arduino uses the 328p chip - so just took the C code example, plonked it into the Arduino IDE and kept modifying the syntax until it stopped complaining.

Much to my surprise, after a couple of nights tinkering I seem to have managed to get the OLEC_C to show pretty coloured squares and have them sliding all over the display and flashing and fading. Finally a Mikro display has been tamed - albeit for an Arduino UNO clone.

Still don't know quite how it works and there's probably redundant code in there too but now at least it does something it can be taken further to perhaps do something useful.

I'd love to attach it but the forum won't let me

marina.petrovic

Re: OLEC_C on Arduino Shield

#2 Post by marina.petrovic » 29 Apr 2015 13:50

Hi,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with our users, we really appreciate that.

You can attach your project on LibStock Website: http://www.libstock.com/

Best regards,
Marina

Return to “Product Announcements”