dsFreeloader project for mikromedia for dsPIC33

Here you can find latest news on mikroElektronika products.
Author
anikolic
mikroElektronika team

dsFreeloader project for mikromedia for dsPIC33

#1 Post by anikolic » 10 Jan 2012 09:32

dsFreeloader project for mikromedia for dsPIC33 by Andrew Hazelden

Andrew Hazelden, guy who wrote several games and apps, including SnowBurst game, Mini-Sub,
mikroBirthday app and Digital POI project, brings us exciting new application.

As his 200th blog post, Andrew presented us with a fantastic idea and great first implementation
of the interface. It's called dsFreeloader, a graphical bootloader for mikromedia boards, which can
be used to load the firmware from the microSD card into the microcontroller.

Andrew writes: The dsFreeloader firmware supports automatic display rotation using the built-in
accelerometer and comes with a few programs like an egg timer app and a flashlight app.
There is still a lot of work to be done before it is ready for any public testing. I have the first version
of the user interface working with a few built-in Apps. Right now I am working on the micro SD card
based bootloader code. I'm developing dsFreeloader using the MikroC Pro for dsPIC compiler and a
mikromedia dsPIC33 board.

Even though it is in early stages and needs months of work in his spear time, the project already looks
great and has fantastic potential. Just picture several months from now when we will be able to have
hundreds of free mikromedia apps and games stored on our microSD card, and we can load them with
Andrew's application.

Andrew, we strongly encourage you to complete your project, and if anyone has any implementation
ideas that could help, we invite you to share your thoughts here, or at Andrew's project blog page.
Web Department Manager

Return to “Product Announcements”