VC-02 custom vocabulary

Discussion on projects that are created by users and posted on mikroElektronika website.
Author

VC-02 custom vocabulary

#1 Post by lemiceterrieux » 23 Mar 2023 11:01

Did anybody test the VC-02 on the so called evaluation board ? Normally it should allow an update via the USB connection, without a JTAG programmer. It worked, but only once ! When I tried to update the vocabulary for the second time, the download did no more start ... I had the same issue with two modules.
From France, SESSENHEIM

lemiceterrieux

Re: VC-02 custom vocabulary

#2 Post by lemiceterrieux » 01 May 2023 16:01

Finally I understood : When trying to program via USB/serial, one should NOT configure the UART functions to SW_CLD and SW_D communicate with the application, since these replace the pins used for serial programming ... I saw that B6 and B7 can be configured for this function, too. So, again an order of dev boards and tests, tests, tests !
:?
From France, SESSENHEIM

lemiceterrieux

#3 Post by lemiceterrieux » 17 Jun 2023 03:30

Meanwhile I tested again the VC-02 (in AI-Thinker's development kit version), programming it via the USB (no JTAG programmer needed) mode (I say here again that Mikroe should rather have developped a piggy-back carrier for this kit, adapting it to the MikroBus, if possible, or at least added the USB programming feature to their board) : IT WORKS, I adapted a 7 Euros hands-free headset microphone, it is able to recognize the 9 keywords which I need for my application (model railroad, programmed in MikroPascal) ; and despite of the fact that it is a "3.3 V" circuit, the UART output is directly compatible with ATMega 8515/162 inputs without level converting. The only issue is the so called "wake-up free mode". All my 9 words are recognized as commands, but not as wake up triggers ; there is a difference in strictness between both modes. So I dedicated one word ("go") both for wake up and command (to start the train), this word does not cause any issue ; and the circuit has another, not documented feature : if You wake it up in the "free" mode, it does no more go idle, it stays active ; so I have only to say "go" at the beginning, and can further use my 9 commands without time out !
From France, SESSENHEIM

lemiceterrieux

#4 Post by lemiceterrieux » 24 Jun 2023 10:50

One must choose carefully the vocabulary, some expressions are recognized more reliably than others. And after some time of testing, I noticed that the module is VERY SENSITIVE to the accent : I wonder if finally it's really suitable for "frenchies" like me ?

:|
From France, SESSENHEIM

Return to “User Projects”