M-BUS Slave Click

Discussion on projects that are created by users and posted on mikroElektronika website.
Author

M-BUS Slave Click

#1 Post by kristofferis » 15 Nov 2021 14:54

Hello.
I bought the M-BUS SLAVE CLICK PID: MIKROE-4137 because I needed a module that connects to M-Bus as a slave and send the result to UART, I had no plan to connect this to an Click developer board, my plan was to connect this to an Wemos D1 mini device to read the UART.
I connected the M-BUS SLAVE CLICK to my Logic Analyzer but I receive very strange readings and could not find the correct settings to get a proper reading.
Is there some proprietary output from the UART from this card so that I have to use some special board to get the correct data?

Thanks.

summercurrants@gmail.com

Re: M-BUS Slave Click

#2 Post by summercurrants@gmail.com » 10 Aug 2023 03:41

To connect this device to the Wemos D1 mini unit for UART reading, you need to connect the M-BUS SLAVE CLICK to the Setup Logic Analyzer for proper readings. If not, please restart it.

richardguerrero

#3 Post by richardguerrero » 09 Feb 2024 14:51

I am new to the mbus slave click board and meter bus. Could you please recommend some m bus libraries for the esp32? Is it necessary to use the Mikro SDK for their libraries, and how do I use it with the Arduino framework?
Cakhia6 - Trực Tiếp Bóng Đá miễn phí
web : https://cakhia6.info

shubhammaharaj14@gmail.com

#4 Post by shubhammaharaj14@gmail.com » 09 Feb 2024 15:19

I am new to the mbus slave click board and meter bus. Could you please recommend some m bus libraries for the esp32? Is it necessary to use the Mikro SDK for their libraries and how do I use it with the Arduino framework?

IvanJeremic
mikroElektronika team

#5 Post by IvanJeremic » 24 Feb 2024 12:37

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

Unfortunately we do not have libraries for ESP32.

You do not need our libraries in order to use our click boards, but you can use our example codes as a reference when writing your own code.
https://libstock.mikroe.com/projects/vi ... lave-click
https://libstock.mikroe.com/projects/vi ... ster-click

Regards,

Ivan.

shubhammaharaj14@gmail.com

#6 Post by shubhammaharaj14@gmail.com » 28 Mar 2024 19:49

Hi,
Here I am again with more mikro devices
Now I have mbus master click, mbus slave click and kamstrup multical 403 (Cooling meter - mbus supported )
I want to exchange readings from the meter. I don't have much knowledge of ubuntu environment and I am working on Windows, vs code or arduino So is there any example where i can read meter reading.
or any other forum for this topic

ericconley443

#7 Post by ericconley443 » 19 Apr 2024 13:43

Hello! It sounds like you're experiencing compatibility issues with the M-BUS SLAVE CLICK and your setup. The UART output from the module should be standard, not proprietary, so you shouldn’t need a special board just to read the data. However, it's crucial to ensure that the UART settings (like baud rate, data bits, and stop bits) on your Wemos D1 mini match those expected by the M-BUS module. You might also want to check the logic level compatibility between the devices. If problems persist, consulting the module's documentation or seeking advice from MikroElektronika's support might provide more specific guidance. source

Return to “User Projects”