Mikroe (unusable?) Fingerprint controlled with Arduino

Discussion on projects that are created by users and posted on mikroElektronika website.
Author

Mikroe (unusable?) Fingerprint controlled with Arduino

#1 Post by Roulbacha » 14 Dec 2016 17:29

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to implement fingerprint identification in a school project using an arduino board and the Mikroe fingerprint click module.
However, there is little to no code/documentation/library/example available.
I contacted the mikroe support and all they could do for me is send me a commentless v1.0 beta code that looks like it hasn't been updated for a year and is nearly impossible to decypher/use.

Has anyone managed to make it work & has any real examples of how i can deal with this?
60% of the budget my school allows for this project was consumed by this module that would turn to complete waste if i can't make this work.

Thank you in advance.

checker

Re: Mikroe (unusable?) Fingerprint controlled with Arduino

#2 Post by checker » 15 Dec 2016 11:04

There were a few complaints on this me being one of them, they all get the same empty stale response. Bottom line, don't hold your breath and arduino does have fingerprint module with what appears to be working code and a fraction of the cost, maybe you can check it out for examples and port the code.

or switch to STM32, apparently they finally have an example only for it.

personally I have given up and will not buy any of the new modules because they almost always lack examples for anything other than the AVR or ARM

nadir.celebic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Mikroe (unusable?) Fingerprint controlled with Arduino

#3 Post by nadir.celebic » 15 Dec 2016 15:08

Hi,

Unfortunately, we don't have examples for Arduino, but you can try to use existing examples as a reference:
http://libstock.mikroe.com/projects/dow ... _other.zip

Regards,
Nadir

Return to “User Projects”