NFC reader

Discussion on projects that are created by users and posted on mikroElektronika website.
Author

NFC reader

#1 Post by srdjanko » 31 Mar 2017 23:50

Hi everyone, I work on a project where I have to connect a NFC reader to a microcontroller, and programe it, so when I put phone nearby the reader, it can decide is it my phone or not. I actually have no idea how to implementate that, so I need help. Thank you in advance.

dusan.poluga
mikroElektronika team

Re: NFC reader

#2 Post by dusan.poluga » 05 Apr 2017 16:17

Hi,

You would need to find a NFC reader that works at the same frequency as the NFC on your phone.
Also you would need any micro controller architecture that you are familiar with.
You would need to write a program on the micro controller to receive packets from the NFC reader.
On the android side you will need to write or find a application that will send some data over NFC that you will identify on the reading side.

This are the tips i can give you.
I hope they make some things a bit more clear.
I would strongly recommend that you do a bit more research before you start going into this project.

Best Regards,
Dusan Poluga.

srdjanko

Re: NFC reader

#3 Post by srdjanko » 04 May 2017 19:49

Hi Dusan,

thank you very much for your advice, I actually took it and researched for a month. What I decided is to use NXP PN532 and interface it to pic16f or pic18f. Next step is to establish a peer to peer comunication between reader and phone. I must mention that this is student project, and I have to do it on my senior year. So if any have some experience with something like this, any advice is helpfull.

Thanks in advance

Return to “User Projects”