BigPIC6 board USART connection to Simulink

Post your requests and ideas for the mikroElektronika website & forums.
Author

BigPIC6 board USART connection to Simulink

#1 Post by Philip_94 » 27 Nov 2012 17:12

Dear Mikroelektronika Developers Team,

I would like to connect my BigPIC6 development board (through the available USART port) to the Simulink model developed on the PC, in order to acquire double precision data (32 bit real numbers) from the Simulink environment into the PIC 18F8520, for processor-in-the-loop (PIL) computation, and to send back the computed duble precision data to the Simulink model. Shorthly, I'm intrested in read/write Simulink/BigPIC6 communication with double precision data (in fact, to acquire any real number computed in Simulink, and to re-send back via the BigPIC6's USART interface).

However, the serial read/write communication by receiving/sending 8 bit int8 or uint8 data is ok, is working well. Momentanly I dont have any ideea how to program the BigPIC6's USART port to read/write double precision data send/received by the Simulink's Serial_send and Serial_receives blocks.

Can you advice me with some ideas or some Pascal code to perform double precision communication via the BigPIC's USART ports?

Thank you for your kindness, best regards, Philip

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: BigPIC6 board USART connection to Simulink

#2 Post by filip » 28 Nov 2012 09:25

Hi,

I think that the best way of sending/receiving floating values over UART is by converting the floating value to string,
sending the string over the UART, and converting the string back to the floating value on the receiver side.

Regards,
Filip.

Return to “Website & Forums Wishlist”