Wish/Suggestion: License Manager

Post your requests and ideas for the mikroElektronika website & forums.
Author

Wish/Suggestion: License Manager

#1 Post by steffen.loeser » 22 Oct 2011 12:51

I would be happy to have an USB-stick (USB-key) from you containing a little application to manage licenses. Once the stick is plugged in and the application is launched, it will scan the entire harddisk(s) for installed MikroElektronika software products and bring out a list of them with the associated license information. This can be "free", "free with code size limitation", "node locked license (keyfile)" or "USB-key license".

Now it would be smart, easily to change the type of license. It means to tranfer a license from the stick to a computer (by generating a keyfile from an USB-key license) or to remove it from the computer (vice versa) and take it with the stick to any other PC. Try to change "free with code size limitation" can redirect the user directly to your webshop for obtaining a license and transferring it immediately to the stick.

Nice to have would also be some backup mechanism, when changing licenses (maybe by directly connecting your registration database). It can help to recover from a broken stick or a damaged harddisk with installed licenses.

...and I think for this feature - for more flexible use of obtained licenses - users accept also an extra fee...maybe something about 50 bucks. :wink:

Sorry, if I picked out the wrong forum...and Thanks for the lot of free and helpful stuff (libs+docs) even aftersales! Great work!

Regards
Steffen...

janko.kaljevic

Re: Wish/Suggestion: License Manager

#2 Post by janko.kaljevic » 24 Oct 2011 16:15

Hello,

Thanks for suggesting. I will pass this to our developers and we will consider it in near future.
Thanks for your effort and support.

Best regards.

Return to “Website & Forums Wishlist”