GLCD feature

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroC.
Author

GLCD feature

#1 Post by jumper » 05 May 2009 08:31

Hi,

I would like to have the option to define if the RST should be active low or active high. There are some GLCD modules that will be in reset if the RST line is held low by the library as it is today.

thank you

zristic
mikroElektronika team

Re: GLCD feature

#2 Post by zristic » 05 May 2009 10:28

This may cause backward incompatibility with earlier versions of the library. We already suffer incompatibility issues with some libraries. I am afraid you have to use a hardware solution (a transistor for inverting the signal).

jumper

Hmm

#3 Post by jumper » 05 May 2009 11:01

Sure but how about in the Pro version since that one is not backward compatible anyway?

zristic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Hmm

#4 Post by zristic » 05 May 2009 11:47

jumper wrote:Sure but how about in the Pro version since that one is not backward compatible anyway?
The problem is that the version is already out, i.e. the request is a bit late... I have another idea though, which is to introduce a new function which will set the GLCD lib in inverted mode for RST, something like: void SetRSTLow()... Not a promise, but may be a solution.

jumper

Good news and other news

#5 Post by jumper » 05 May 2009 15:27

Hi,

Now I have found the real problem. I am running my 4620 at 40 MHz and that was when I thought the RST line was backwards but after spending hours and hours I finally came to the to this.

When I run the PIC at 40MHz the RST line gets stuck at a logical 0 level but at 10 Mhz it works just fine.

I can run use the LCD at 40 MHz if I disconnect the RST line from the control port and pull it up with a resistor. However when I do this sometimes the pictures end up at the wrong y position.

At 40 MHz (with the RST connected to the PIC) if I change the GLCD_init to access the LAT registers the LCD starts up and I can write text to it. But when I try to use rectangle I get garbage on the LCD probably because this function requires a bi-directional bus which the LAT approach is not going to provide.

So it seems as it is a read-modify-write problem and nothing wrong with the logical levels in the library.

No, I can not run the pic at 10MHz and soon I will get the 46K20 and move up to 64MHz.

Would it be possible for the library to do ALL write operations straight to the LAT register and ALL the read operations from the PORT register, then this would probably no longer be an issue (as long as we are talking about the 18-series that has LAT) so even if we pointed to the PORTX register in the GLCD_init it would be handled by the library in the background.

best regards

Return to “mikroC Wish List”