lighting control (help plaese) to every one

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroC.
Author

#16 Post by morad21_9 » 03 Oct 2008 14:24

first of as I said b4, this the first time I use microcontroller and I tried to understand it but it's difficult because I need to understand many thing and I dont have a time. so if any one wanna help I will be appreciate. I know this is not right way but this code not the main code in my project it's a part of my whole project.

If any one wanna sales his code to me just post his price and then i'll see.

thanks

idakota

#17 Post by idakota » 03 Oct 2008 14:55

I don't think you are going to get anyone here who is willing to do your work for you, especially not at a price that you will be happy with.

Besides, we don't know anything about the hardware you are planning on using. There are literally hundreds of different PICs and hundreds of different IR sensors.

Instead of wasting your time by asking us for something which you know we won't do, rather sit down and first workout a basic algorithm on how you plan on detecting if the person is entering or leaving the room. Once you have a nice step by step algorithm post it here and we'll let you know if it will work or not. Then it is a trivial matter to write some C code for your algorithm.

With all due respect, should you really be trying such a relatively complex (especially for someone who has never worked on PICs or C before) project as your first PIC/C project? Maybe you should first try some more basic things like flashing an LED and writing things to UART, etc.

A good place to start is by reading through the free PIC books that are on the mikroElektronika website and around the internet. Also read the entire datasheet for your PIC that you plan to use, it will save you time later if you read and understand it now.

dabbe0

Re:

#18 Post by dabbe0 » 15 Feb 2011 23:19

arcom wrote:With 2 IR sensors you can easily find out if someone has entered or left the room. Say you have sensor A and sensor B:

- a person enetring the room will first set off sensor A and then B
- a person leaving the room will first set off sensor B and then A

Quadrature encoding comes to mind :)
Hello; I m trying to use that 2 sensor to count the people inside of the house and turn on of off up if the number is bigger than 0.

Question is how i can distinguish A to B and B to A by using a logic gate or IC element like logic gates. (Lets say a motor controller can be avaible for this work. If so which one?) I ll not use a PIC.
Thanks

Return to “mikroC Wish List”