MikroC for 32bit PICs

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroC.
Author

MikroC for 32bit PICs

#1 Post by aftab_s81 » 15 Mar 2008 06:54

When MirkroElektronika is going to launch C Compiler for 32bit PIC micros?
Aftab Sarwar
Pakistan

Bob Lawrence

comming soon

#2 Post by Bob Lawrence » 15 Mar 2008 13:02

That's the answer we usually get.
:(

By the way the top secret EasyPic32 is under development , they just can't talk about it yet. :lol:

aftab_s81

#3 Post by aftab_s81 » 24 Mar 2008 11:49

Most Embedded system designers working on 8 bit micros are jumping to 32 bitters. I also, will do the same in near future. If there is an obstacle in my way, that is C compiler/IDE for it.

Is it possible in interface microchip's c32 compiler in mikroC IDE?
Aftab Sarwar
Pakistan

aftab_s81

I want to jump from 8 bit to 32 bitters

#4 Post by aftab_s81 » 05 Apr 2008 09:27

Hi,

I am on a stage to decide whether I should continue with mE's mikroC or restart from Microchip's MPLAB and their C18 and C32 compilers!

At this stage a clearly want to know that whether mE is going to develop an IDE and/or compiler for PIC32 or not?

I am a big lover of mE's software and hardware tools and I DO want to continue with mE but, you know, I have to compete the market also.

I am looking forward a positive response.
:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
Aftab Sarwar
Pakistan

zristic
mikroElektronika team

Re: I want to jump from 8 bit to 32 bitters

#5 Post by zristic » 07 Apr 2008 09:35

aftab_s81 wrote:At this stage a clearly want to know that whether mE is going to develop an IDE and/or compiler for PIC32 or not?
There is no need for drama.

Of course we will make compilers for PIC32!
Wasn't it obvious? :)

aftab_s81

#6 Post by aftab_s81 » 08 Apr 2008 10:16

Wasn't it obvious?
It wasnt. But now it is. Thanks for reply.
There is no need for drama.
Its not drama, its TRUE after-all
I am a big lover of mE's software and hardware tools
Aftab Sarwar
Pakistan

LGR

#7 Post by LGR » 18 Jun 2008 01:00

I'm going to ask the "question that shall not be asked": is this currently on the agenda, or further back in the queue? Is it possible that we may see the software and/or hardware by the end of 2008?
If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything.

LGR

#8 Post by LGR » 19 Jun 2008 23:47

Bump?

marko.ziv
mikroElektronika team

#9 Post by marko.ziv » 20 Jun 2008 10:05

Hi,
LGR wrote:is this currently on the agenda, or further back in the queue?
All I can say right now is that this IS current agenda.
LGR wrote:Is it possible that we may see the software and/or hardware by the end of 2008?
It is possible, but compiler development is pretty complicated and time consuming task, as I am sure you are aware,
therefore, it is very difficult for us to predict the exact release date.

Best Regards

LGR

#10 Post by LGR » 20 Jun 2008 16:22

I understand; being a 32-bit von Neuman machine will mean doing many things differently. I'd rather have it later than deficient.

I have a suggestion, though. I think it would be a good idea to build this software from the bottom up to run under freeRTOS32. It would be very helpful to have an environment where you simply write separate threads as if they were separate stand-alone applications, and then let the development system integrate them into a single multithreaded load module.

wh1sp3r

#11 Post by wh1sp3r » 03 Dec 2009 20:50

bump.

It's end of 2009 ;-) i would like to ask, when MikroC will be available for PIC32 ? thanks

tihomir.losic
mikroElektronika team

#12 Post by tihomir.losic » 07 Dec 2009 15:04

Hello,

Developing PIC32 compiler is in our plans but it is very difficult to set exact date when MikroC PRO for PIC32 will be released. We'll keep you posted of the progress and other information regarding compiler for PIC32 microcontrolers.

Regards,

Losic Tihomir
mikroElektronika [Support team]

pwdixon

#13 Post by pwdixon » 08 Dec 2009 14:07

I know it's really difficult to give timescales but why does MikroElektronika allow their staff to post promising looking messages suggesting that something is in the pipeline when it most obviously is well down the work in progress list.

Just look when this post started over 18 months ago and still no result.

I'm awaiting the dsPIC pro version or any update to be honest and that's been mentioned by more than one ME staff member over the last few months each time giving a different delivery date estimate.

It all reinforces what I've always known deep down, don't rely on anything anyone promises and only base projects on existing tools. But sometimes I just hope and sometimes I make a leap and have to accept that sometimes things will stop me keeping my promises.

I wish ME would post a reliable and regularly updated product route map so we could see progress and know we were getting close or at least know the product we were interested in was on a prioritised list.

tihomir.losic
mikroElektronika team

Re: MikroC for 32bit PICs

#14 Post by tihomir.losic » 14 Nov 2010 14:10

Hello,

We're deep into PIC32 compiler development, and are much pleased with how things are going. After some heavy work has been done, we are very excited to share the historical moment of first LED blinking project actually written, compiled and programmed directly from our mikroC PRO for PIC32 compiler. Click here to watch the historical video, and share the feeling with us. We have worked for merely two months, and have accomplished much of what we projected:

- IDE
- Edit Project section
- Start Up Code
- Definition Files
- Front End
- SSA optimizer
- Code Generator
- Linker
- Simulator
- Extended MCL reader/writer

We'll be reporting our progress occasionally, so we recommend you should keep your eyes open for more good news are comming soon!
pic32_hello_world.jpg
pic32_hello_world.jpg (69.94 KiB) Viewed 6543 times
Best regards,

Losic Tihomir

tihomir.losic
mikroElektronika team

Re: MikroC for 32bit PICs

#15 Post by tihomir.losic » 13 Jan 2011 09:56

Hello

After a while, we are back with some great news of progress regarding PIC32 compiler development.
We have successfully completed In-Circuit Debugger module, written from scratch, and PIC32 compilers are now armed with a powerful tool for hardware-level debugging of your code.

We have implemented a completely new approach, not found in any of mikroElektronika's compilers.
We have dislocated ICD code away from IDE into a separate DLL file which is an independent module. This opens a whole new potential for our developers and we have gained some really remarkable improvements. Since all accumulated knowledge is put into writing new ICD code, we are very close to dramatically improving ICD speed.

More info:
http://www.pic32compilers.com/

Best regards,

Losic Tihomir

Return to “mikroC Wish List”