Project wizard export feature for config information

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroC.
Author

Project wizard export feature for config information

#1 Post by Sparky1039 » 28 May 2008 17:09

As much as I think the mikroC IDE is good, it's still lacking a major feature for the developer.

:idea: My feature request is for the project wizard to have the ability to insert into the source code listing the configuration fuse settings, crystal frequency, and project file source path. Only include that information that has been "checked" for the fuse settings.
In the project wizard window, offer a "config export" button that will place this information into the users code listing as a commented block of text. Insertion of this information should be placed wherever the cursor is located at the time. By providing this feature button, the user now has the choice to have this information included in their source file or not.

It may seem trivial, but this information can be helpful for future programmers who may be supporting the source code and using different C tools than mikroC. By including as much information as possible, the source code listing is properly archived with pertinent information regarding the hardware setup. Currently I manually enter this information as good documenting practice (I heavily comment my code listings), but it would be nice to have the IDE provide this function and save me a few key strokes :wink:

Does anyone agree this would be useful? :idea:

zristic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Project wizard export feature for config information

#2 Post by zristic » 28 May 2008 22:29

Hmm you are right... We will see to find a convinient solution for this.

Return to “mikroC Wish List”