I2C (g)LCD and port extender Library

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroC.
Author

I2C (g)LCD and port extender Library

#1 Post by arhimed » 14 May 2008 04:20

what more to say, you made SPI port extender board and library as well as SPI (g)LCD Library and SPI (g)LCD controller (similar board to SPI port extender), I believe it would be natural (and actually quite needed by many) to make same thing only for I2C (only using MCP23017 instead of MCP23S17 that your port expander and serial (g)LCD adapter use). MCP23017 is capable of 1.7MHz I2C and that is enough for most applications. Of course, the A0-A2 ports I would like to have with jumpers :)

Anyhow, the port extender and (g)LCD library for I2C would be most useful even without the board itself, as we'll make the board's our selves anyhow (tho a mikroe should make board we can purchase to do the testing :) )

Either that, or opensource the (g)LCD libraries so we can modify and change them to use I2C instead of SPI

my .2$

rajkovic
mikroElektronika team

Re: I2C (g)LCD and port extender Library

#2 Post by rajkovic » 21 May 2008 11:40

arhimed wrote:what more to say, you made SPI port extender board and library as well as SPI (g)LCD Library and SPI (g)LCD controller (similar board to SPI port extender), I believe it would be natural (and actually quite needed by many) to make same thing only for I2C (only using MCP23017 instead of MCP23S17 that your port expander and serial (g)LCD adapter use). MCP23017 is capable of 1.7MHz I2C and that is enough for most applications. Of course, the A0-A2 ports I would like to have with jumpers :)

Anyhow, the port extender and (g)LCD library for I2C would be most useful even without the board itself, as we'll make the board's our selves anyhow (tho a mikroe should make board we can purchase to do the testing :) )

Either that, or opensource the (g)LCD libraries so we can modify and change them to use I2C instead of SPI

my .2$
We already had consider this, will check with HW department and let you know if and when it will be done.

Return to “mikroC Wish List”