Drag and Drop, Tabs, Hihglights

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroC.
Author

Drag and Drop, Tabs, Hihglights

#1 Post by zpo » 23 Sep 2006 07:37

Often in other compilers I find drag and drop file into the compiler's window to open that file very useful. Maybe you can fix that... :)

I suggest to change tabbing action with line(s) selected. Pressing TAB should move each selected line, not erase.

How can I turn off that grey current line highlight?

descott

Turn of gray current line highlight

#2 Post by descott » 09 Nov 2006 15:56

I agree, the current line highlight is VERY frustrating as it make you think the line is selected. It serves absolutely no purpose that I can see so it would be great if that could be turned off.

srdjan
mikroElektronika team

Re: Drag and Drop, Tabs, Hihglights

#3 Post by srdjan » 09 Nov 2006 16:16

zpo wrote:Often in other compilers I find drag and drop file into the compiler's window to open that file very useful. Maybe you can fix that... :)
Not at this time...will be in some of the future releases.
zpo wrote: I suggest to change tabbing action with line(s) selected. Pressing TAB should move each selected line, not erase.
You already have indent future with ctrl+shift+i and unindent future with ctrl+shift+u shortcut on the keyboard. We'll see about adding your shortcuts too (tab = indent ; shift+tab = unindent).
zpo wrote:
How can I turn off that grey current line highlight?
You can turn this off by unchecking Highlight active line box in Tools->Options->Editor menu under Highlighter section.

descott

#4 Post by descott » 09 Nov 2006 18:11

You can turn this off by unchecking Highlight active line box in Tools->Options->Editor menu under Highlighter section.
I am using MikroC version 6.0.0.0 and I only have check boxes for
Highlight begin...end pairs AND
Highlight brackets

Did this feature get dropped?

Thanks,

srdjan
mikroElektronika team

#5 Post by srdjan » 10 Nov 2006 12:30

descott wrote:
I am using MikroC version 6.0.0.0 and I only have check boxes for
Highlight begin...end pairs AND
Highlight brackets

Did this feature get dropped?

Thanks,
No, none of the futures did not get dropped. Please, download latest release v6.2.0.0 and upgrade. Upgrade is free.

alex.forencich

#6 Post by alex.forencich » 17 Dec 2006 06:11

Have any of you messed around with Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2005 Express Edition? The smart tabbing in that program is great. It automatically indents when you type { and removes an indent when you type }. Everything is done with spaces. Backspace works like it is supposed to (removes one space) whilst tab and shift+tab work with the indenting. You can't place the caret anywhere you want, but that's not a big deal. Folding methods, classes, blocks, regions, and selections is also very nice. So is the split editing window.

At the bare minimum, MikroC needs a split editing window and a better smart tabbing system.

zristic
mikroElektronika team

#7 Post by zristic » 17 Dec 2006 09:41

Most of these features are already implemented in the new IDE we are working on.

Return to “mikroC Wish List”