MMC/SD bootloader

General discussion on mikroC.
Author

MMC/SD bootloader

#1 Post by Logger13 » 09 May 2007 17:53

I am kind of new with MikroC compiler.
Now I just understand how a bootloader works with serial communication.

I have to program for MMC bootloader, and I am figuring out it based on serial bootloader program (Boot_Test.c).

I tried to modify the Boot_Test.c, but the problem is it is not easy to make a code in conventional ways in the bootloader sector.
i.e. If I use MMC or LCD functions provided in C compiler, they are located in some address in program memory not in a bootloade section.
To avoid it, I should make my own fuction like func()orgxxx, but it must be not easy.

Maybe there must be anoher way for bootloader by MMC.
Do you guys have any ideas for a MMC/SD bootloader?

I am using PIC18F8722 with 20MHz.

Thanks,

homermike

Re: MMC/SD bootloader

#2 Post by homermike » 11 Jun 2011 20:09

Logger13 wrote:I am kind of new with MikroC compiler.
Now I just understand how a bootloader works with serial communication.

I have to program for MMC bootloader, and I am figuring out it based on serial bootloader program (Boot_Test.c).

I tried to modify the Boot_Test.c, but the problem is it is not easy to make a code in conventional ways in the bootloader sector.
i.e. If I use MMC or LCD functions provided in C compiler, they are located in some address in program memory not in a bootloade section.
To avoid it, I should make my own fuction like func()orgxxx, but it must be not easy.

Maybe there must be anoher way for bootloader by MMC.
Do you guys have any ideas for a MMC/SD bootloader?

I am using PIC18F8722 with 20MHz.

Thanks,

Hello... i am doing same project as urs...
reading HEX from MMC byte by byte is successfully done
but writing the 64bytes data to FLASH been unsuccessful using the FLASH MEM LIB of mikroC..
FLASH WRITE been successful though but it writes in different address (thats the failure)

now i want to take a look on ur BOOT_TEST.C code...will just then try to look at how it writes on the FLASH MEM..

if i get it done..will inform u asap...

thanks, more power..

melillo

Re: MMC/SD bootloader

#3 Post by melillo » 25 Jul 2011 16:12

Hi,

Have you tried to use FLASH_Erase_Write instead of FLASH_Write? In my attempts to acheive that (see topic http://www.mikroe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=30637, FLASH_Write didn't work but FLASH_Erase_Write did.

Marc

Return to “mikroC General”