code translating!!!!!!!

General discussion on mikroC.
Author

code translating!!!!!!!

#1 Post by index102 » 23 Mar 2012 02:53

hello everybody!
i have a program written by c18 compiler and what i want to do is to write and simulate it by MIKROC
what is the procedure to follow thanks
the program is attached!

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: code translating!!!!!!!

#2 Post by filip » 23 Mar 2012 10:32

Hi,

Basically, C code is C code whichever compiler you are using.
The only thing that needs to be taken care of are the compiler specifics which can be found in the Help file of the compiler, so I suggest you reading it when doing this.

Regards,
Filip.

index102

#3 Post by index102 » 24 Mar 2012 02:17

filip wrote:Hi,

Basically, C code is C code whichever compiler you are using.
The only thing that needs to be taken care of are the compiler specifics which can be found in the Help file of the compiler, so I suggest you reading it when doing this.

Regards,
Filip.
Thanks for your reply but what i want exactly is not that!!my request is concerning the library and header part usi,g MIKROc
and also the instructions syntax

pwdixon

#4 Post by pwdixon » 26 Mar 2012 12:45

This has been done to death elsewhere, it is not easy to translate even the simplest of code from a different compiler to MC because of libraries used in either/both compilers, almost everything depends on libraries and there is no easy transfer mechanism. Many have tried and given up.

filip
mikroElektronika team

#5 Post by filip » 26 Mar 2012 13:46

Hi,

Yes, this can be tricky when it comes to the included libraries, but speaking in general, the code can be translated.

Regards,
Filip.

pwdixon

#6 Post by pwdixon » 26 Mar 2012 14:02

filip wrote:Hi,

Yes, this can be tricky when it comes to the included libraries, but speaking in general, the code can be translated.

Regards,
Filip.
You try to make this sound so easy and yet it most obviously is not in practice you are not winning any friends here you know.

Yes you can translate very simple lines of code but getting anything done that in anyway touches on a library is very very hard.

I agree in general the code could be translated but the effort involved way out-strips the output that you will achieve if you manage to get past the closed source libraries in the first place.

Return to “mikroC General”