Sending raw data using EasyBT module RBT 001

General discussion on mikroC.
Author

Sending raw data using EasyBT module RBT 001

#1 Post by barjaktar » 10 Mar 2011 10:48

Hello.

I am working on project where I am trying to achieve communication between a microcontroler and some other device, via RBT 001 module. I was able to establish connection to devices that have RFCOMM protocol implemented using standard commands in command mode of the module.

Now I would like to communicate with a device that works on L2CAP layer of Bluetooth stack. I cannot use ESTABLISH_LINK command, because it requires RFCOMM port of the remote device, which does not exist on the remote device in this case. RBT-001 does not have L2CAP commands implemented, so my idea was to send raw data, and thus make the other device answer me. I used hcidump (software for linux) to get all the raw data that is exchanged between a PC and this other device I want to communicate with. According to that dump, first message sent from PC is HCI_Inquiry. Since RBT 001 does not have a special command for this, I tried sending these bytes using SPP_SEND_DATA command. CFM packet that I get tells me that it wasn't able to send data because there was no connection. This is very strange since this command was meant for sending data on a connectionless link...

Is it even possible to send raw data using RBT 001? Is it possible to communicate on L2CAP level in this way? Or in any way?

Thank you.

Return to “mikroC General”