motor control - please help!!!

General discussion on mikroC.
Author

motor control - please help!!!

#1 Post by PIC_beginner » 01 Jul 2005 13:41

hey people i wanna use PIC16F877a to control speed of AC induction motor/pump (single-phase) with constant V/Hz method. i will use DC/AC PWM full bridge inverter so i'll need to write c code for pulse width modulation which will send appropriate signal to mosfets which will further produce AC neccessery to run the motor. the speed will be adjustible by using variable resistor.
so i would honestly appreciate if someone could help me with c code or some helpfull pwm examples related to thing mentioned above

thanks in advance

LGR

#2 Post by LGR » 01 Jul 2005 14:41

This is not a beginner project. You will need to produce a sinusoidal output from the H-bridge of varying voltage and frequency, and you will also have to make sure that the motor is started correctly before you start adjusting the speed downward. You will also have to be careful about the minimum speed, where the motor will not be able to cool itself.

I would look at the app notes on the Microchip website.
If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything.

PIC_beginner

#3 Post by PIC_beginner » 03 Jul 2005 06:44

thanx mate but i am already aware of the things you have mentioned above. i checked microchip website and there is nothing really related to what i need. some c code example would be helpfull, but thanks anyway!!!

Return to “mikroC General”